The Choice Made

The next couple hours were chaotic and more emotionally draining than any second of my life. Police was here when I first got out of the door and I witnessed Holt being tied up in handcuffs and the officers asking me to tell the situation in detail. It was then Chef Holt was fired, and charged for five months in prison for sexual assault. As happy as I was that Holt was finally gone, it's gonna take alot of therapy to help me recover.

Meanwhile, Gordon has assembled the staff team in the restaurant to try the new dishes he prepared with the new Chefs for Brookstone Bessie and Danielle.

I was happy to meet the new chefs and was even happier to see the look of distraught on Marco's face when my mother fired him. Gordon told him "You get what you get." and we all wanted to laugh and applaud.

It was nice to see the Brookstone, and my life, going the right direction. But I still had to put my final thoughts on the two choices Gordon has given me.

So I decided to ponder that as we are about to try the new menu.

"Alright, now that we have new chefs and a new outlook for the future of this kitchen, let me show you this astonishing new menu!" Gordon exclaimed.

Bessie, who was a Asian american with a soft personality opened up the first dish.

"Alas, we have our first dish that will get you on the map! A nice steamy alfredo pasta with hints of ginger and citrus! Keep in mind the sauce is homemade and the pasta is homemade!" Gordon said with smile. "Now don't just stand there, dig in!"

Me, Aaron, Tiffany, Jackson, and my mother each took a fork and twirled the pasta and took a bite. The flavor was cheesy yet a tiny bit tangy but in a good way. The pasta just melts in your tongue. It was delicious.

"God damn this shit slaps!" Jackson said with a smile and clapped his hands.

"It is banging I can tell you that." I said with a smile.

Gordon beamed at me. "Now for our second dish."

Danielle, who was a friendly blonde opened up the second dish.

"Now, bask in your new way of making steak! I have ordered steak FRESHLY butchered from your local farms and these two chefs KNOW what a good steak is, not a raw steak in twenty minutes!" Gordon explained.

We all giggled at the dig at Marco, and we all took a bite once again. The meat was cooked medium rare and it was ribeye, Gordon's favorite cut as I've heard. It was tender and juicy, making you want more and more. It was so delicious I took a second bite.

"Now save some room for dessert, guys!" Gordon chuckled. "I have homemade gelato for your desert for your menu and your gelato ice cream is homemade here and comes in three flavors, vanilla, chocolate, and caramel!"

Gordon opened up the desert and we each took a scoop. It was bussin for real.

"Please enjoy these dishes. Tomorrow is re-opening so we have to be on top of things!" Gordon said. He motioned for the camera to cut, and all of the cameramen exited the building.

I watched as Gordon walked to the hallway and then use his finger to beckon me forward. I glanced around my coworkers and walked towards him and he took my hand and pulled me behind the wall.

"So, what was your decision?" Gordon asked, eagerness in his voice.

I sighed and I looked around the hallway before looking up into the bright blue eyes of the famous Chef in front of me.

"I chose the option to leave to LA with you. As much as I love Brookstone, I have to move foreward in my life, and start over and I want to continue my passion for cooking and culinary. I will take your opportunity." I said. swinging back and forth.  "And...... you had me at free therapy..... I could uh..... use that..... I have 4 bucks to my name right now."

Gordon smiled brightly. "Yes! Yes! I can't believe it yes! Evelyn you are amazing you know that! I'm so happy! For you!" He said and pulled me in for a big hug.

I widened my eyes in shock of the sudden touch and closed them hugging him back.