Lunch Service

I watched from the back as the cameramen went in the dining room, and then walking in our area was HIM.

Chef Gordon Ramsay was in a leather jacket with jeans on, his shoes probably more than my paycheck in a year combined. His blue eyes was looking around the room inspecting every detail. I felt my heart pound more than it could.

I watched as Gordon sat at a table in the middle, along with his camera crew around him.

I sighed and took a menu. "It could be worse Evelyn your therapist could've cancelled tomorrow's appointment." I whispered.

I walked over to the infamous chef, my nerves ticking off as time bombs everytime I got closer. As soon as I reached him I smiled.

Keep in mind I do not smile often. Fuckin' TV.

"Hello and welcome to Brookstone Hotel." I greeted warmly. "I'm Evelyn, can we start you off with some drinks?"

"Ah Evelyn nice to meet you I'm Gordon." Gordon held out his hand and I shook it. God damn his hands were big as hell. "A water would be fine, please."

I wrote it down on my notepad and noticed him staring at me. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Anything else I can get for you?" I know I'm now being a smartass but come on just because you're famous doesn't mean you can stare.

Gordon nodded. "Are you Divine's daughter?"

"Unfortunately."

"Why so?"

I sighed and looked down before looking up at the master Chef in front of me. "Me and my mother aren't on good terms and we never have."

"I'm all ears." Gordon stated. "I would like to know before I order here, I haven't seen your mother ever since I got here."

"Let's just say I was the result of a one night stand my mother had long ago and she never paid mind of me ever since I could start riding a bike." I said.

Damn this was supposed to be Hotel Hell, not Hotel Therapy.

"I see." Gordon replied. "I'll bid you off now."

I nodded and walked back to the bar where Aaron was watching the whole thing.

"Is it normal for him to ask personal questions like that?" I asked him.

Aaron pursed his lips and shrugged. "Drama for TV."

"Boohoo." I said, filling up a glass with water.

I walked back over to Gordon's table and placed the water on the coaster.

"Alright, let's get to ordering, yeah?" Gordon said, skimming the menu. "What do you recommend?"

Damn, nothing to be honest.

"I would go for the calamari." I said quickly. That was the only thing that came in mind that would be bearable from Holt and Marco.

Gordon raised his eyebrow. "Calamari? You do know you're in the middle of the woods. Where do you get fresh Calamari?"

I really wanted to choke like I set myself up let's be clear.

"We don't." I replied.

"So it's store bought?" Gordon said, disappointment in his tone.

I nodded.

"Evelyn why would you recommend me something that is not fresh and store bought you realize how fucking messed up that is?" Gordon rolled.

I clenched my teeth. Oh you want drama, TV?

"To be honest, Chef. None of this is fresh and it never has been. It's honestly like eating from a Lean Cuisine." I replied.

Gordon furrowed his brows. "Then why do you sell it to me?"

"I'm not in charge of the menu and neither do the chefs my mother controls the menu." I argued.

Gordon clenched his teeth too. "Right. Well. Might as well do this for shits and giggles.  I'll go for your calamari, the spaghetti, and ribeye steak, medium rare." He closed the menu and looked at me.

After I wrote his order down I took the menu from him. "It will be out soon." I hope. I walked back and went in the kitchen.

I already wanted to scream seeing Marco and Holt laughing together and playing with their knives.

"Alright, idiots." I said slamming the order down on the table. "This better be fucking perfect this is Gordon's order. Calamari, Spaghetti, and a Ribeye - medium rare. I swear if it's not perfect, Gordon will chew you both up."

All I got was snickers from both of them, and I sighed, leaning against the wall of the kitchen.

It was obvious that Gordon will hate our food. It was obvious Gordon will come in the kitchen, rat them out and they won't care.

It's going to be a long day.