Sweet Like Crème Brulee

It was the next morning, and I woke up from my sleep at 8AM. I looked around my hotel room as the sun glistened on the highly expensive furniture and decorations. I sat up and went to the bathroom turning on the shower. Last night was fun and I'm glad I had someone to talk to in this crazy adventure I was on. I felt the hot water on my face I groaned at how good it felt on my sore muscles from all the cooking and training.

After my shower I went to my sitting area and ordered room service for breakfast. As I ate my crepes and drank my coffee from the Marriott kitchen, I scrolled on my phone as I had two hours to kill. I went on my Instagram and saw that I have gained over 12K followers in the past two days. Well thank you Hotel Hell for that publicity. I decided to go on my latest post of me and Aaron at the Brookstone on Halloween dressed as vampires. Many comments said "I ship them" and "Maybe more than friends" and other things like that. I chuckled at that. I only thought of Aaron as a coworker and a friend. Maybe.

I stood up and walked to the balcony and looked down at the already busy streets of Los Angeles. I turned to my right and saw Jennifer on the balcony knitting.

She noticed me and smiled and waved. "Morning!" she said.

I smiled and nodded back at her. "Morning." I walked back inside and to my closet. I decided to change into black jeans, a purple t-shirt, and black boots. I grabbed my phone, purse and walked down the hallway into the elevator. I decided why not walk to the set, that will kill them hours.

The elevator doors opened and I walked through the lobby and out of the hotel. I knew how to get there since already being there three times already. I walked down the sidewalk and into the city. I still can't believe the sights of this place, it seems like everywhere it came from a movie.

A couple hours later I made it to the set, wiping the sweat beads off my forehead and walking in the set, being hugged by the A/C as soon I stepped in. I went through the backrooms and into the set where I saw Gordon there, prepping it up in the red kitchen.

"What's up, blondie?" I said as I stood next to him and put my chef's jacket.

Gordon chuckled and looked up at me. "Well good morning to you, Evelyn."

I looked over to what he was doing and saw he was mixing egg yolks, whipping cream, and sugar. I already knew what he was making after seeing the familiar small ceramic ramekins.

Creme Brûlée. 

"What's this for?" I asked as I watched him.

"Since I think you have narrowed the regular cooking dishes down and you will already be a star at it, I think we should finish it off with desserts, then I will train you on how to judge food." Gordon explained as he looked over at me.

"Oh yeah." I replied as I poured water in a pan to help him.

"Every chef must know one dessert if their pastry chef is out for some reason." Gordon explained looking at me. "So I decided to make Creme Brûlée. The best of the best."

I nodded as I continued to help him. I put the four ramekins in the boiling water and put them in the oven. As we waited for them to bake, Gordon showed me the many kinds of desserts that top chefs know, and that I should know.

The ramekins were done, so we took them out and saw the beautiful golden brown they were. Yummy. Gordon handed me the sugar and I sprinkled it on the pastries. I did the salt guy meme and Gordon just laughed. Gordon used a blowtorch to caramelize the sugar and it was done.

We each took a taste, and it was the best Creme Brûlée I ever had. It was perfectly moist and crispy at the same time.

It was then Gordon was going to train me on judging dishes, as that was going to be my main job when Master Chef starts.

He first handed me a chicken and beans. I took a bite of the chicken and coughed. "Now that chicken is NOT SEASONED and tastes like chalk. Overcooked and raw tastes like what I would give Holt if I ever see his face again." I said and spit the chicken out.

Gordon listened to me and smiled. "Yes! That is what I like to see! Put your whole feelings on the dish and let it out. If you are worried about hurting the contestants feelings you are fine. You are judging the dish, not them as a person." He advised.

I nodded and then tried the beans. Same story.

"When is Master Chef going to start?" I asked as I threw the dish away.

"Next month." Gordon said as he watched me intensely. "But I want you to be completely prepared so you know what you are doing when the season starts."

I nodded. "Of course." I said as I went to clean the mess of the red kitchen.

"Evelyn?"

I turned around and looked at him.

"I'm very proud of you, and you are going a long way." Gordon complimented as he smiled. "I love you, I hope you know that."

I pursed my lips and nodded. "Yes, I do." I said and walked past him as I went to continue to cleaning.