Maybe Maybe Maybe

I woke up the next morning feeing nothing but shit and my mind disoriented. I always wake up this way and I have no clue why and I don't care. I sat up and heard my phone buzz. I took my phone from the charger and looked at the screen, rubbing my eyes to keep from the blurriness.

"Hey Evelyn, Gordon wants you to meet him at Cloudy Coffees as soon as you wake up." the text from Tiffany read.

I widened my eyes and frowned. Well damn this is interesting. Gordon has been wanting to talk to me alot lately. Wonder what's up now.

"Is it filmed?" I texted back.

"No." The text came in shortly after.

I shrugged and stood up, making my way to my closet and pulling out some jeans, a leather jacket, and a purple shirt. I took my brush and brushed my hair even though it hurt like a pain in the ass. I put my brown hair in a braid and then put some earrings in.

I went downstairs in my house and grabbed my keys, walking out and going into my Honda Civic, turning on the gas and heading out.

I drove in peace. Driving was only my moment of solitude from the chaos at work and the chaos in my emotional state. It was like the calm Niagara Falls of my life.

I decided to turn on some music, blasting soft pop as I drove into town, seeing the busy pedestrians walk about. I pulled into the parking lot of the coffee shop and parked by the front door. I took my keys out and got out of the car walking in the shop.

The bell rung as the door opened, and I looked around the area and then I saw Gordon there at a booth in the corner, enjoying a hot cup of tea. How typical.

I noticed we were matching leather jackets, but to their own I guess.

Gordon noticed me looking at him and a smile came across his face. "Evelyn, I didn't think you'd make it, it's 10AM."

"Well I'm not an early riser." I said walking over and sitting across from him. "What do you want to talk to me about?"

Gordon looked at me, softness in his eyes as he did so. "I wanted some time alone with you."

I scoffed. "Gordon you are a master Chef who came to help our hotel, there is no such thing."

Gordon sighed and leaned back. "You won there. But I seriously need to get this off my chest."

I raised an eyebrow beckoning for him to continue.

"Evelyn, ever since I saw your tape from before I came here I was so drawn to your candor and your passion for this Hotel. I was in awestruck of your personality and so attracted to the way you hold yourself. Now seeing you in person and since last night....."

My hands was shaking and I had panic in my head. Dear god don't say it.

"Evelyn, I think I am in love with you." Gordon confessed.

(A/N: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH anyways)

I coughed and looked down at the ground. I then looked at the Chef that confessed his love for me. "Uh, Gordon? You only met me for like a day. And you will be gone tomorrow."

"That's the thing, it doesn't have to be short lived." Gordon smiled. "You can come with me back to England."

I chuckled and then started laughing. Is this guy serious?

"Gordon why do you think I will be like 'oh sure lets run away'. Don't you have a wife and kids?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter."

"Gordon what the hell-"

It was then he took my face in his hands and kissed me with passion.

It was shortly after I woke up from my dream at 4AM, flabbergasted and wacked out.