Oooooooo Thinking Time

I went back into the restaurant and put the two envelopes in my pocket, heading over to my station and logging in the POS to make sure everything is good to go for dinner and during this lunch hour. I stacked the menus nicely and made sure each piece of silverware was clean.

"So what did Gordon and your mother have to say?" Aaron asked from the bar, mixing a drink for a guy sitting in his area.

"Oh, it's a long story." I said before heading to the kitchen. "I will tell you later okay? I'm going to head to the office and do something."

"Gotcha." Aaron said, pouring the drink and handing it to his customer. "Eight bucks." he priced.

I went in the kitchen, hearing nothing going on in there. I turned to the expediting section and saw Marco and Holt in the kitchen playing on their Nintendo Switch. I rolled my eyes.

Do I have the energy to discipline them today?

You bet as hell.

"Hey!" I slammed on the counter, and Marco and Holt turned to me with deviousness in their eyes.

"It is legit in the middle of lunch and you cannot be serious here!" I yelled. "Where is the prep? Where is the cleaning? You came here to WORK. Not play."

"Oh yeah?" Holt asked standing up and walking over to me with a smirk on his face.

"I thought Gordon said you weren't going to participate for the rest of the show." I grunted.

"Well there are no cameras right?" Holt asked with a tilt of his head.

(IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED BY SEXUAL ABUSE PLEASE REFRAIN FROM READING THIS PART!)

"Bro?" I asked.

It was then Holt pinned me against the wall forcibly and pulled my hair, I screamed in pain, and Holt covered my mouth. He fondled my breasts and squeezed them tight. It was then he bit my neck and I then I groaned, before using my foot and kicking him the ball sack. He pulled back in pain I grabbed one of the pans and hit him in the face, and he fell to the floor.

"WHEN I AM DONE HERE I AM FUCKING CALLING THE POLICE ON YOU! FUCKING PERVERT!" I screamed, tears falling down my face.

I turned and noticed that the camera crew was there, filming us. Ashleigh's mouth was agape and I shuddered, looking at Holt on the floor in pain. "Please don't put this on TV." I pleaded.

"No worries. We will call the police for you." Ashleigh said before walking towards me and patting my shoulder.

I walked back before running towards the office in the back and went in locking the door behind me. I leaned against the door and huffed tears falling down my face. What in god damn hell. If I knew what Holt's intentions were I would've rid of him long ago.

I shook my body, ridding of the memory before sitting down at the desk, which was full of piles of papers and files full of overdue bills and checks that my mother didn't care to pay.

I took out the two envelopes, glad that they were in still good condition after...... that.

I opened the one labelled "1" and I leaned back against the chair and started to read.

"Evelyn,

This choice is the one where you choose to stay here at Brookstone. You will be positioned as Co-Owner with your mother, and you will help her get the Hotel back on track and on the map. You will be not a waitress anymore but helping with expediting and work with two new hired chefs I hired on my own from your town with great potential: Bessie and Danielle. They are top of their class and are ready to help you make the Hotel a success with a fine choice of an exquisite Italian menu. You would make a fine owner, Evelyn, I have faith in you.

-Gordon."

I sighed and looked around the office. Two new chefs along with a pay raise? How excellent. I really want Brookstone to succeed and be a success. It sounds trusting.

I decided to open the second envelope labelled "2".

"Evelyn,

This is the choice where you choose to leave with me and be my apprentice. You will be staying in LA's finest apartments and be trained in the Hell's Kitchen uh - Kitchen with me and you will be trained with your best to be one of the greatest chefs any of my restaurants has to offer. You will also be a guest judge on Master Chef, hence your last name, heh. I will devote all of my time to you to make sure you are an amazing chef. I hope this is the one you will make.

- Gordon

PS: Free therapy included."

Well hot damn you had me at free therapy. I sighed and put the envelope down. I studied both and my mind was rattled. I have to make my decision at the end of the night and I know the pressure is on me.

After I came to a decision after 10 minutes, I stood up and opened the door.