confessions.com

Gordon decided to leave me alone for the rest of the day after whatever you might call it. Outburst, maybe? So I decided to get out of this hotel and take a walk. Ever since I arrived at Los Angeles, I never really took the time to explore the city, as it was most usually going from the hotel and to the HK set and back. So I walked down towards downtown, putting on some music and letting my mind free.

The city was quite beautiful, with buildings sky high, the palm trees swaying, and the humidity of the temperature. It was a paradise for real. I looked down at my phone and decided to put the address of Jennifer's dad's pub in the Maps app. I followed it down the streets of the buzzing city, until I turned the corner of Melrose Pike and saw it: The Olde Junction. I smiled to myself, proud I followed the Maps app for once. I walked in, the bell ringing signalizing there is a customer, and I looked around at the pub and it was stunning.

The area had a wooden floor, with tile mixed in, along with the walls. The decor was filled with train inspired photographs and aesthetic abstract art. The bar was an island in the middle of the restaurant, with barrels as the seats and the table with well furnished wood. The drinks were on a shelf that glowed a warm light and the TV was playing the current Lakers game.

I decided to sit down at the bar and I was happy to see Jennifer there working it, her red hair in a braid and dressed in all black. She turned around towards me and widened her eyes in surprise.

"Oh my gosh hey!" Jennifer exclaimed, running over and giving me a hug. "Never thought I'd see you here, aren't you supposed to be cooking it up with Gordon?" She winked.

I inhaled sharply at the sound of his name before looking up at her. "Well, he gave me a day off today so why wouldn't I spend it here?"

Jennifer chuckled and nodded. "Of course. What can I give ya, Chef Masters? On the house!"

"Bourbon whiskey please." I said with a smile.

"Coming right up!" Jennifer went to the drink station to get it ready.

I sighed as I fiddled with the woven placemat I had in front of me, my mind filled about what just happened between me and Gordon. A part of me wished I didn't allow this relationship or whatever you call it happen between us, but a part of me was thankful it did. It felt nice to be seen other than a placeholder, but it was all too fast.

My thoughts paused as Jennifer placed the whiskey in front of me, the amber liquid bubbling with glee as the ice moved around.

"Hey Jennifer?" I asked.

She looked up at me while she was cleaning a glass. "Yeah?"

"You promise to keep a secret right?" I assured.

"Oh yeah of course. Not a word." Jennifer replied.

"Good, so......" I started as I twirled the drink with my straw. "About me and Gordon..... we are.... sort of.... kinda.... in a relationship."

Jennifer's eyes widened and she covered her mouth with her hand. "Oh my god! Evelyn, isn't he married?"

"You know that's the thing, he believes in polyamory relationships." I explained. "Apparently his wife is seeing someone else too and Gordon is fine with that. For me, I'm a bit iffy."

"Jeez, then why did you agree to be in this... uh... polygon with him?" Jennifer asked.

"I don't know, but that IS the thing. Before I left the Brookstone Hotel he dedicated a suite towards me, and kissed me out of the blue. I agreed to go to LA to further my cooking skills, but it ended up with me being with him. I don't know, I just didn't want to be alone and I finally felt truly seen by him, because I wasn't back home. He saw all of my good qualities and loved every one of them while no one else did." I confessed, leaning a bit back but not enough where I would yeet back into the oblivion.

"Well from what you just told me he loves you, and you love him." Jennifer said. "So what's holding you back?"

I paused before thinking. "Us going too fast."

"Well, just talk to him and take it slow, get to know each other more." Jennifer said. "You are lucky to have him. Truly. Like THE Gordon Ramsay, come on!"

I chuckled and stood up. "Thanks, Jennifer, will do." I confirmed before taking the glass and chugging the whiskey down all in one sip. I opened my eyes to see Jennifer looking at me in shock.

"Damn girl." Jennifer gawked.

"I'm from Oregon, it happens." I chuckled before standing up and making my way to the door. "See ya!"

I made my way down the street, ready to talk to Gordon when he is ready.