Screw the Club, We at the Pub

The Olde Junction was buzzing with customers the night after the recent episode was approved to air, and here I was at the bar where Jennifer worked, watching her as she turned the TV to NBC, where the episode will air to the public for the first time in about ten minutes.

I stirred my mule whiskey and took a sip, as the channel was changed, and the commercial for the new season of Master Chef showed, where it showed me standing next to Gordon, Joe, and Aarón in the infamous "Starting Next" screen.

"Damn, you look like the perfect fit for that crew." Jennifer said with a chuckle.

I nodded and laughed. "Well I guess that was the intention." I said as I took a sip from my whiskey.

"More like a movie star!" Jennifer's father Hank boasted as he walked to the bar from the kitchen coming right next to his daughter.

Jennifer sighed and shook her head. "Dad, you're so loud."

"Well we have a tv star on our hands how am I supposed to behave?" Hank replied as he laughed before looking at me. "Need a refill on that mule, Evelyn?"

I looked down. "No, I'm good." I replied as I finished the rest of my drink with one swig.

I tapped on the glass until I heard the door open behind me, and lots of chatter and talking started to happen. I glanced up at Jennifer and her father, who were looking at the door starstruck.

I furrowed my eyebrows before turning to face the door, and there, Gordon was at the entrance, trying to get past the people who were filming and trying to take photos of him. I widened my eyes in interest before turning back to the tv.

"Sorry I'm a bit late." Gordon replied before sitting next to me, inhaling sharply. "Traffic was a bastard."

I glanced over at him. "Uh, why are you here and HOW did you know I was here?"

Gordon turned me, his gorgeous blue eyes staring into mine. "Well, I sort of figured that your friend Jennifer worked at pub like you told me, and this was the one closest to the hotel." He said with a smile.

I looked at him impressed before turning back to the TV.

Jennifer and her father was still standing there in awe.

"Oh, right!" Gordon exclaimed. "You must be Jennifer, yeah? Nice to meet you!"

He held out his hand and Jennifer shook it wearingly. She looked at her hand that Gordon touched and then crossed her arms.

"And you must be?" Gordon turned to her father.

"Oh! Hank. The dad. The owner of The Olde Junction." Hank replied with a smile as he shook Gordon's hand.

"Beautiful place you have here, kind of reminds me of a certain hotel I visited." Gordon said before rubbing my leg underneath the table.

I blinked before nodding. "Yeah it looks similar to the Brookstone but with more Southern flair. I like it." I added with a nod toward Jennifer.

Jennifer nodded and glanced over at the TV. "Well, it's starting! Gordon can I get you anything?" She asked.

"Just tap water please." Gordon said, before glancing at me.

The show started running, and of course it started with the host and judges and later on it came to me with my cool entrance. I watched as the music made my entrance looked more dramatic and interesting. As the show started the challenge, I grimaced at how they portrayed Aaron as a heroic figure, the comeback of the century. It seemed like the show was more about him than me to be quite honest, and I was lowkey pissed about that. The editors did more things even past my approval and Gordon's.

"Turn if off please." I told Jennifer.

She frowned in confusion.

"Please. Turn it off." I said again with more authority.

Jennifer nodded and grabbed the remote, switching it to some soccer.

Gordon turned to me looking with concern.

How was he okay with this?!

"What's the matter, Evelyn?" Gordon asked looking at me gently.

"What's the matter?" I asked taking another swig of my whiskey. "They made the damn show about Aaron and not me! Isn't that odd?"

"Evelyn, the show is mainly about the contestants, that is what the program is about." Gordon stated.

"But not to show him all the time like some hero!" I exclaimed before sighing. "I'll take the bill please."

Jennifer watched me with concern before nodding, going to the kiosk.

"Listen, love." Gordon exasperated. "I completely understand you and if I were to change it I will. I had no idea either. Word on the street says that you and Aaron are in a relationship. That is why the editors made that choice."

I choked on my water. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Gordon nodded before looking down at me. "That I am not, my Evelyn."

I shook my head in annoyance and decided to order another whiskey for the road.