II. The Letters

|| WARNING(S) - CHILD ABUSE/NEGLECT ||

The next few weeks went by uneventful after the whole snake incident.

Harry and I went to go get the mail as immediately two envelopes stuck out to me, they were off-white and had a red seal on them.

I hand Harry the normal mail as I hold onto the two letters before realizing one was addressed to Harry, I give him it as his eyes widen and he looks at it intently.

Dudley seems to notice after we hand Vernon the mail that we still had two.

"Dad look! The potters got letters!!!" Dudley shouts suddenly as he snatches it out of our hands.

I scowl at the boy silently as Harry turns around and tries to get the letter back.

"Hey! Give those back! They're ours!!" Harry exclaims as I stay silent but send a death glare toward the youngest dursley.

Vernon laughs as a face of pure amusement crosses his face as he looks at the letter, petunia also came over and was leaning over the older males shoulder and looking at the note.

His grin stops however when he reads what's on the envelope and the symbol. A look of recognition crosses petunia's face as she and Vernon share a knowing look.

———

Over the past few days, Vernon has seemed to go even more crazy as he would rip up the letters we got and even bolted the mail slip down shut. He even burned them in front of us as if he was getting so much joy out of it! Weirdo...

"Finally, Sunday," Vernon says as I was snapped out of my train of thoughts. "Want to know why?" He asks me and Harry mockingly as I lean against the counter with an eyebrow raised.

"Cause there isn't any post on Sundays?" I question him as a grin crosses his face.

"Right you are, y/n!" He says as he grabs a cookie from the plate Harry was holding.

I stare out the window boredly as I see an owl fly by causing my lips to quirk up in amusement.

Vernon was going on about how there would be no more letters until suddenly a letter shot out from the chimney and hit the cookie out of his hand.

Vernon stops suddenly as he stares at the fireplace before a bunch of letters come flying out.

Harry starts to aimlessly grab them as the dursleys were screaming in terror.

Harry grabs one and tries to run to the cupboard but was stopped when Vernon started to chase him.

I walk over so I was right behind petunia, glancing as Vernon was basically choking Harry.

"Daddy's finally gone mad hasn't he?" Dudley questions fearfully as I grin in amusement.