LXXXIV. Umbridges Madness

I enter the grand hall as I sit down across from Draco and next to Hermione.

"Pardon me professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" Umbridge's voice enters the hall as everyone pauses, looking over to where the voice is coming from.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to prescribed disciplinary practices." Mcgonagall answers firmly as we get up along with many of the other students to see what was going on.

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." Umbridge sneers as she walks up a step to look down at mcgonagall.

"Not at all, delores." Mcgonagall responds with a glare. "Merely your medieval methods."

"I... am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the ministry, and by extension, the minister himself! I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty." She scolds the older woman as I raise an eyebrow at the woman.

"Disloyalty..." Mcgonagall mutters as umbridge turns towards the students that were gathered.

"Things at hogwarts are far worse than I feared! Cornelius will want to take immediate action!" The woman yells as the students glance at eachother nervously.

———

A teacher nails the proclamation of educational decree onto the stone wall as it hangs with a lock, sealing away the decree.

'Dolores Jane umbridge has been appointed to the post of hogwarts high inquisitor.'

The teachers grins proudly as they take out the newest daily prophet copy.

'Ministry seals educational reform! New era dawns at hogwarts.'

Glancing at the image of umbridge walking out of the school, reports gathered around the woman.

"What's happened to dumbledore?!" You can a reporter shout as the pink woman merely smiles.

The teacher flips the page as their eyes glance over the next heading.

'Parents endorse ministry move!'

"Having already revolutionized the teaching of defense against the dark arts, Delores umbridge, will, as high inquisitor, have powers to address the seriously falling standards at hogwarts school." The minister explains as he walks down the black brick hallway.

———

Umbridge's shoes click on the floor as she walks cockily down the hallway.

She looks over as she sees two students cuddling, the girl then pecks the male on the lips quickly as he smiles softly at the female.

Umbridge points her wand at the two as they're students pushed away, the female hitting her back against the wooden bench as she winced in pain.

———

"Dream it—" Professor trelawnly tries to say but was cut off by umbridge.

"Just one question, dear. You've been in this post how long exactly?" Umbridge asks as the female pauses, looking at the shorter woman nervously.

———

Three males walk down the corridor as umbridge points her wand at them, tightening their ties as they grunt at the student uncomfort.

Umbridge grins as she glances back at the annoyed and uncomfortable males.

———

"You applied first for the defense against the dark arts post, is that correct?" Imbedding asks the darkly-dressed potions Professor who sneers at her.

"Yes."

"But you were unsuccessful?" The woman inquires tauntingly with a grin as the male sighs.

"Obviously."

A certain red-haired weasel snickers as umbridge grins before walking out.

Once the female had closed the door, the potions professor hit the red-haired male on the head with a book violently as the student winced.

———

Fred and George throw around a spark as the crowd cheers.

The spark flies down as George goes to catch it but failed when umbridge put the spark out.

The woman then walked away with a grin as the crowd sighs.

———

"Could you please... predict something for me?" Umbridge asks the professor as the students glance around.

"I'm sorry?" The Professor asks as umbridge smiles.

"One teensy little prophesy?" Asks umbridge in a mocking tone as the professor pauses, looking off in the distance as she stays silent.

"Shame." Umbridge says as she turns around.

"No, wait, wait, no! I— I think I do see something! Yes! I do. Something dark... you... you are in grave danger." The Professor warns as umbridge looks back at her.

"Lovely."

———

The students sing as flitwick instructs them.

Umbridge walks to the other side of the short male as she takes out a tape measure.

———

"Luna, what's going on?" I ask the female as the students rush out to the yard.

"It's Professor trelawney..." Luna murmurs before we contour. Walking out.

Once we reach there, we see Filch carrying out trelawneys final suitcase as she stares in shock.

Filch mumbles some curses under his breath before walking back inside.

The doors then open before rattling shut again as umbridge walks towards trelawney.

"Six... sixteen years I've... I've lived and taught here... hogwarts is my home. You.. you can't do this...!" Trelawney sobs as umbridge smiles before holding up a paper.

"Actually, I can." She waves the paper as trelawney dissolves into sobs.

Mcgonagall then pushes past some students from across the field as she rushes towards trelawney.

"Oh, dear..." Mcgonagall murmurs as she hugs the sobbing woman.

"Something you'd like to say, dear?" Umbridge asks innocently as Mcgonagall glares at her.

"Oh, there are several things I would like to say!" Mcgonagall snaps before turning back to the sobbing woman.

"There. Shh, Shh..." Mcgonagall comforts the woman before the doors slam open and dumbledore walks out.

"Professor Mcgonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" Dumbledore asks as Mcgonagall nods.

"Sybil, dear..." Mcgonagall murmurs as she leads trelawney back inside.

"Thank you..." trelawney murmurs towards dumbledore before continuing to walk inside with the help of Mcgonagall.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that, under the terms of educational decree number as enacted by the minister—" Umbridge tries to explain but was cut off by dumbledore.

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. These power remains with the headmaster." Dumbeldore interrupts as a smile remains on umbridge's face but her eye twitches in annoyance.

"For now." Umbridge responds innocently as dumbeldore looks at her blankly before turning around and walking towards the doors. Dumbledore paused as he glanced at all of us.

"Don't you all have studying to do?!"