XXII. Lockhart

|| WARNING(S) - LOCKHART. ||

I sit boredly in the new professors class as we wait for the douchebag to arrive.

I had been sitting next to malfoy as Hermione sat infront of us, talking to another Slytherin girl.

"I hate that guy." I whisper to Draco as he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, you made that much obvious from what you said in the store." he whispers back as I snicker slightly before the classroom door opens, revealing Lockhart.

"Let me introduce you to your new defense against the dark arts teacher... me!" Lockhart says as everyone looks at him either disgusted, or annoyed. (Except for some ignorant females)

Word had gotten out what happened in the store rather quickly as even people who respected and believed that Lockhart did do what he says he did in the stories, started to dislike him for that.

"Gilderoy Lockhart." He introduces as I roll my eyes and lay my head down onto my arms.

"Order of Merlin, third class. Honorary member of the dark force defense league and five times winner... of witch weekly's most-charming-smile award." He says as he flashes everyone a smile as I cringe in disgust.

"But I don't talk about that, I didn't get rid of the Brandon banshee by smiling him." He jokes before laughing loudly.

Me and Draco share a look before looking back at the disgusting teacher.

Hell, it seemed even the Weasley spawn and Harry hated him!!

"Now! Be warned... it is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind." He says as he walks up to the cage which was covered in a cloth at the front.

"You may find yourself facing your woes fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream." He says as he prepares to lift the cloth.

So... is it a boggart? It would make sense with the talk about worst fears...

"It might provoke them!" He shouts as he tears the cloth from the cage as I stare at it blanket.

"Cornish pixies...? That's pathetic..." i mutters as Hermione looks back at me with a slight grin.

"Freshly caught Cornish pixies!" He corrects as the finnegan starts to laugh.

"Laugh if you will, mr. Finnegan, but oxidized can be devilishly tricky little blighters.. lets see what you make of them!" He exclaims before opening the cage, letting the pixies fly everywhere.

The class erupts into panic as the pixies fly everyone.

One had started to pull on my hair as nyx hissed at it before swallowing it whole.

"Round them up, round them up! They're only pixies!" Lockhart exclaims as i mutter a string of curses at him in parseltongue.

Two pixies grabbed Neville's ears, flying him up before dropping him on the chandelier by the back on his robes.

Hermione had hid behind me temporarily as two of the pixies had tried grabbing her hair.

I quickly transfigure a nearby pencil into a small dagger before I stab the two pixies quickly.

"Peskipiksi pesternomi!" Lockhart tries to cast the spell but fails as his wand was taken from him, the pixies break the chain which was holding up the bones of an ancient animal causing it to fall down.

Every ran out of the class room except five of us— and Neville who was.. stuck.

Lockhart looks around in panic before running up the stairs.

"I'll ask you five just to nip the rest of them back into their cage!" He laughs nervously before darting out.

"Oh for fucks sake— immobulus!" I cast quickly grabbing my wand, causing the fairies to slowly float around.

"Why is it always me...?" Neville questions as I scoff before dragging Hermione and Draco out of there.