XIV. Forbidden Forest

I stand by the entrance to Hogwarts, trying to find Hermione but failing. I sigh as I walk back to where Draco was standing.

"Couldn't find her?" Draco asks as I sigh as a nod, he ruffled my hair as I glare at him.

"It's fine, we'll see her later in class." He comforts me as I nod with a pout on my face.

"Wanna go to the library?" I question him as he nods, I grin at him as he rolls his eyes fondly.

———

I skim the book at I suddenly see the familiar fluffy hair of my friend, I run towards her and tackle her in a hug. Her eyes widen in surprise but hugs me back as she laughs.

Draco rolls his eyes and watches in amusement.

"Hermione!! Where were you—" I stop as I notice her wearing a Slytherin tie.

"You...?" I say in barely above a whisper.

She smiles at me and nods, I squeal excitedly as I hug her even more.

"I was originally supposed to be in Slytherin, but I had been nervous since I had heard all dark wizards were Slytherin, so I didn't accept it and asked for gryffindor. But I finally got the chance to be resorted!" She explains as I grin at her.

"Now we can be in the same dorm!! Elvira even recently moved out!!!!" I exclaim as she grins at me and chuckles.

———

Hermione, Malfoy, and I watch as Hagrid shows Ron and Harry the baby dragon. Hagrid then notices us and points us out to Harry and Ron, we quickly runoff as a slight laugh escapes me.

———

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives the student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore the punishment for your actions, fifty points will be taken each from you two." McGonagall says as Draco grins at the two.

"And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention." McGonagall states as my eyes widen in realization.

"Excuse me, professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong, But, I thought you said the five of us?" Draco questions as I sigh but glare at the two.

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, honorable as your intentions were, you three were also out of bed after hours. You will join your classmates in detention." McGonagall explains as Draco glares at the two but doesn't say anything.

———

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time when detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons." Filch explains as Malfoy and I roll our eyes.

"God I miss the screaming."

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest." Filch explains as he leads the five of us to Hagrid.

"A sorry lot this, Hagrid," Filch says as Hagrid just looks down.

"Oh god your not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Filch says as Hagrid just sighs as he sniffs and gets his crossbow.

"Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony." Hagrid explains as me and Malfoy share a look as he grins.

"Well that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind" Ron questions as Hagrid looks at the boy.

"Yeah but what if he doesn't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all." Hagrid says as I cover my mouth in order to resist the urge to laugh.