XV. Quirrell

|| WARNING(S) - MENTION OF DEATH ||

"You mean you-know-who is out there in the forest, right now?" Hermione questions me with wide eyes as I nodded.

"But he's weak, he's leeching off of the unicorns blood...." I correct her as she sighs and nods, she had been petting nyx as I explained the circumstances to Hermione.

"I wouldn't worry y/n, there are so many people who care about you and will protect you no matter what." Hermione comforts me as I smile softly at her.

*Yeah! Nobody is going to get past the newly-found wizard, nyx!* The snake enthusiastically hisses as Hermione, despite not knowing what the snake said, laughs.

———

Draco, Hermione, and I were standing under the invisibility cloak as we waited outside for the pair to go to the third floor.

Once they walk out, we follow the two as they enter the corridor and unlock the door.

They slowly walk in as a harp was playing, making the dog fall asleep.

"Wait a minute... he's... snoring... snapes already been here..." Harry says as I resist the urge to roll my eyes. "He's put a spell on the harp."

"Ughh!! It's got horrible breath!" Ron complains as I scowl at the redhead.

"We have to move its paw, come on!" Harry demands Ron as they try to move the paw of the dog.

They open the trapdoor and it leads to pitch blackness.

"I'll go first, don't follow until I give you a sign. If something bad happens, get yourselves out." Harry says as I notice the harp stop playing and the dog awakening.

"Does it seem a bit... quiet... to you...?" Harry asks as the dog hangs his heads above the two.

The two jump in immediately as I take the cloak off myself as approach the dog slowly.

He growls at first, but once he recognizes me, he stops as he stares at me.

I smile at him softly before glancing towards where the two would be stood.

"It's alright, he won't hurt you now that he's calm." I say as Draco takes the cloak off him and Hermione as the two walk toward me.

I pet the dog's head as he nuzzles the side of his head against my palm.

"Would you mind if we went down? Someone is trying to steal what you're guarding..." I say softly and caring as the dog nods and wags its tail. I grin at the two before jumping down, dragging them with me.

I notice that the vines were wrapped around Weasley and potter as they quickly wrapped around us.

I recognize the plant as devils snare and glance toward the other two to see they've already figured it out. Harry glances at us as he copies us, relaxing his body.

Once we all fall down I glance up and see Ron calling for help. I roll my eyes as I take my wand out and point it up.

"Lumus solem!" I say as light shoots from my wand, making Ron fall through.

"By the way, I didn't save you cause I wanted to. I just didn't want to be blamed for a murder." I explain as I kick the Weasley boy before glaring at him.

"What are you three doing here?!" Harry questions as I roll my eyes with a smirk playing on my lips.

"I don't see how that's any of your business, Potter." Malfoy says before dragging me and Hermione out of there.

"Phew! Lucky we didn't panic." I hear Ron say as I roll my eyes before waiting for them to catch up.

I notice the sound of wings as the five of us walk towards the door, slowly opening as we're greeted with a rather large room with weird bird-key things.