XI. Troll In The Dungeon

The Halloween feast arrives as nyx was sitting on my head to get a view of the entire room, hissing happily.

I look at where Hermione would normally be sitting only to not see her there, I look at the spot worriedly and was going to talk to Draco but was stopped when Quirrell ran in.

"TROLL!!! IN THE DUNGEON!!! TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!!" He yells as I glare suspiciously at him. "Though you ought to know..." he mutters before passing out.

Yeah... the stutter is most definitely fake. I don't trust a single word coming out of his mouth.

Everyone starts to scream and get up as me and Draco share a look, clearly sharing the same thought of suspicion about Quirrell.

"SILENCE!" Dumbledore yells as everyone paused and turned towards him, in the commotion nyx had slithered back into my pocket.

"Everyone will please not panic. Now... perfects will lead their house back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons." Dumbledore explains as I watch snapes eyes widen as he rushes out.

What a bastard, I know damn well he is fully aware that the Slytherin dormitories are in the dungeons.

Me and Draco stay behind the group of Slytherins as I give him a pleading look, he understands it's about Hermione and nods as we run to the bathrooms.

Just as we were about to reach it, we are the troll heading toward the girl's bathroom.

My eyes widen as me and Draco run towards the bathrooms.

I hear Hermione scream as some crashing noises follow. I push the doors open as I yell for Hermione to move.

I reach for my wand as I yell out a curse I had memorized. "Confringo!"

it doesn't do much to the troll but distracts it enough for Hermione to go hide under the sinks, the troll however notices and goes to attack Hermione but she moved away just in time.

"Wingardium leviosa!" Draco yells as the troll's club floats out of its hand, stopping the next attack on Hermione.

The club then lifts up and drops on the troll's head, knocking it out right in front of us, and specks of dust scattered across the bathroom.

Hermione then stands up nervously as she walks toward us.

"Is it... dead?" She questions as me and Draco both walk towards it.

"I doubt it, I'm pretty sure I just knocked it out." I say as I glance towards it.

I go to say something but was stopped when snape, Quirrell, and McGonagall rush in, they stare wide-eyed at the unconscious troll.

"Explain yourselves! Both of you!!" McGonagall yells at us as I look away shamefully.

"It's my fault, Professor McGonagall," Hermione says as my eyes widen and I look at her.

"Miss granger..?" McGonagall questions as snape looks at the girl confused.

"I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it, but I was wrong. If potter and Malfoy hadn't found me, I'd probably be dead." Hermione explains as I stare at her wide-eyed.

We haven't even talked before... so why is she...

"Be that as it may..." McGonagall trails off before continuing, I don't pay attention as I notice a rip by the knee of snape's pants, I look at him confused before glancing at Quirrell before glancing back.

"So it was Quirrell..." I mutter in barely a whisper as Draco seemed to be the only one who heard me.

"Five points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment... as for you two— I just hope that you realize how fortunate you are. Not many first-year students can take on a fully-grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. Five points... will be awarded to each of you... for sheer dumb luck." McGonagall says as I glare at the woman.

Five point each for taking down a full grown mountain troll?! Man, fuck this.

Quirrell stays behind as me, Draco, and Hermione follow snape and McGonagall out.

———

Hermione sits next to me as I sit in between her and Draco, she was petting nyx as I talked with her and Draco.

Nobody seemed to have a problem with the Gryffindor sitting at the table given the fact me and Draco were both happily chatting with her.

I watch as snape slightly limp over to the professor's table. I look at him in slight pity but can sympathize with him.

A ghostly white owl flies in with a broom as it lands in front of potter.