XXXIII. His 'Death'

|| WARNING(S) - MENTION OF DEATH, VIOLENCE, FAKED DEATH ||

I walk into the chamber as the Weasley girl was shouting at Tom who didn't look the least bit upset.

"What's her issue?" I question as Ginny tenses up and looks at me.

"It's you... you have to leave! It's not safe!! He's—!" She had started to yell but stopped when she noticed me laughing.

"Sorry, sorry, I just wouldn't have thought you'd be this stupid." I grin at her as she stares at me in shock.

"You.. you betrayed her!" Ginny shouts as I look at her confused.

"Betrayed who?" I question her as she glares at me.

"That's stupid mudblo—" she was cut off when I kicked her to the ground and pointed my wand at her head.

"You want to finish that sentence? you filthy bitch." I question her with a raised eyebrow and a glare.

She stammers before passing out as most of her energy was gone, leaving barely enough to keep her alive.

"Why can't she die quicker?" I complain with a pout as Tom rolls his eyes with a smirk on his lips.

Suddenly, we hear the chamber of secrets opens as me and Tom share a glance.

"I'll duplicate the diary." I state as i pick up the diary and make a fake copy of it.

I set the fake one down as the real one remains in my robes.

———

I watch from under the invisibility cloak as Harry walks down the entranceway. He then starts to sprint as he sees Ginny's body laying there.

He drops his wand and kneels beside her as he starts to mutter hopelessly.

"She won't wake." Tom says as Harry turns toward him in confusion.

"Tom. Tom riddle. What do you mean she won't wake? She's not...?" Harry asks as Tom walks towards him.

"She's still alive, but only just." Tom explains briefly as he stops infront of potter.

"Are you a ghost?" Harry questions as I shake my head at his stupidity.

"A memory preserved in a diary for fifty years." Tom explains once again as Harry faces Ginny.

"She's as cold as ice. Ginny, please don't be dead... wake up..." Harry mutters as he doesn't notice Tom picking up his wand.

"You've got to help me, Tom. There's a basilisk..—" Harry gets cut off by Tom interrupting him.

"She won't come until she's called." Tom explains as Harry looks at him confused— seemingly just noticing that Tom took his wand.

"Give me my wand Tom." Harry demand as Tom glares at him slightly.

"You won't be needing it." Tom replies as Harry seems to not grasp the situation.

"Listen, we've got to go! We've got to save her!" Harry snaps as Tom simply looks at him boredly.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Harry. You see, as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger." He explains bad Harry looks at him confused.

"Yes Harry, it was Ginny Weasley who opened the chamber of secrets." Tom explains as Harry looks at him in disbelief.

"No.. she couldn't! She wouldn't..." Harry trails off as Tom continues.

"It was Ginny who set the basilisk on the students and Filch's cat. Ginny who wrote the threatening messages on the walls." Tom explains as Harry looks at him in shock.