XXXIV. Hagrids Return

"Where were you?!" Draco demands as soon as I enter the common room, everyone else had been asleep by now so it was just us.

"I was— uh.. just..—" I was cut off by him hitting me on the head as I chuckle nervously.

"I wasn't worried for you or anything...! I just didn't want my reputation to be ruined cause of the people I hang out with getting in trouble!!" He says quickly as I grin at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Well..."

———

"You—! You all nearly..!" Draco gasps as I finish telling him the events of what happened tonight.

"Please don't tell anyone, Tom made the illusion that the horcrux was destroyed..." i trail off as Draco regains him composure.

"I... suppose so.." He mutters as I excitedly hug him.

"Thanks!!" I say energetically.

"Whatever..." he mutters as he glances over at the wall.

———

I sat next to Hermione and Draco as she had been healed from being petrified.

"So... the Tom guy we met was a horcrux...? And also a teenage Voldemort..." Hermione says in a whisper so only Draco and I could hear it.

"Heh... yeah..." i mutter as she facepalms and glares at me.

"You do know how reckless that idea was, correct?" She asks as I nod shamefully.

She was about to say something else but was stopped when mcgonagall hit her spoon on her glass, making all attention divert towards her.

"Could I have your attention, please?" She says as we look up at her.

Dumbledore then stands up as he has the same grandfatherly smile on his face.

"Before we begin the feast, let us have a round of applause for Professor sprout, madam ponfrey, whose mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been petrified." Dumbledore announces as everyone starts to clap, the two women smiling kindly.

"Also, in light of the recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been canceled." Dumbledore announces with a smile as everyone starts to cheer.

Suddenly, the door opens, revealing Hagrid who smiles awkwardly.

"Sorry 'm late." Hagrid says as everyone stares in shock.

"Th' owl tha' delivered my release papers got all lost n' confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol." Hagrid says as he walks over to Harry and Ron.

"nd' I'd jus' like t' say that if it hadn't been for you Harry... nd' ron... I would... I'd still b' you-know-where... s' I'd jus' like t' say thanks" Hagrid says as Harry stands up with a smile.

"There's no hogwarts without you, Hagrid." Harry says before hugging Hagrid.

Dumbeldore started clapping and soon everyone was clapping aswell.

———

On the train ride home, I mainly wrote to Tom as Draco and Hermione talked about who knows what.

'Hey tommy-boy'

I write as the book starts to burn making me grin slightly.

'Don't call me that!'

His normal neat writing had gotten messier as he was clearly annoyed.

'Sorry tommy-boy'

The book then slammed shut as I grin slightly.