XIII. Yule Break

Shockingly, the rest of the days went by so fast, it's already yule!

"Why must time go so fast?!" I complain to Draco and Hermione who were hanging out by the entrance to the dining hall.

"Sorry y/n, but I have to get going or ill miss the train! I'll owl you over break!" Hermione says before darting off, preparing to leave Hogwarts.

Once she had left, Draco glances towards me with a small smile.

"I'll see you after yule break." Is all Draco says before walking off.

———

I yawn as I wake up to the snowing weather outside.

Once I get down to the Slytherin common room I halt where I was standing. There were... presents for me...?

I look as I make sure I'm not hallucinating, and sure enough, they say my name on them.

I sneeze a tracking charm on one as I get my wand out and remove it.

Once I remove it, I open it to see a cloak. I put it on only to see my body is gone.

"An invisibility cloak..." I mutter before putting it to the side.

There was one from Draco, one from Hermione, and another unnamed one.

I pick up the unnamed one as I open it to see a necklace with a silver snake necklace along with a note, the note was printed so I couldn't tell who's handwriting it was.

'This had belonged to your mother, I had found it recently and decided it should be returned to the potters' I look at the note before shrugging and folding it, putting it on top of the cloak.

I look at the necklace in awe as I put it on, I glance at the mirror in the room but realized it was too far away to see in

"Accio mirror." I state as the mirror flies over into my hands, I look in the mirror as I grin at how the necklace looks, it was shining and seemed brand new.

I open the next one to find a snake-shaped candleholder, the silver snake had appeared to be wrapped in a circle, as they do when cornering their prey. He also gave me some candles, such as ember glow, fresh bottom blossom, starry night, and Emerald Isle.

I smile softly at the gift as I put them on the table.

The final gift was from Hermione, I open it to find a note and a book about dark arts.

My eyes widen as Hermione granger actually got me a book about dark arts. I pick up the note hesitantly.

'While I may get in a lot of trouble if they manage to find the book, I saw you reading another book about dark arts of the train and you seem really interested in them so I figured I would get you another.'

I grin at the gift as I put them in a pile, put a charm to make them weightless, and put them in my room.

———

Turns out, if you are wearing an invisibility cloak, you can see the blur of another invisibility cloak, that's how I ended up following Harry through the restricted section, watching as he opens a book and it screams, alerting filch.

I follow him out of the library as suddenly the cat noticed him, he ran as I followed him until he stopped suddenly when he noticed snape who had his hand wrapped around quirrells neck.

"Severus, I-I thought..." he trails off nervously as Severus glares at the man.

"You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell." Snape sternly says as I grit my teeth and glare at where Harry would be, great, now he was even more reason to suspect snape.

"Wh-what do y-you me-mean?" Quirrell stutters as snape glares at the man.

"You know perfectly well what I mean." Snape says as suddenly they become aware of Harry's presence because of his loud breathing.

Harry stays still as he slowly backs away, snape reaches his hand out but misses Harry by an inch.

Snape stares at where Harry would be standing before turning back to Quirrell and gripping the collar of his scarf.

"We'll have another little chat soon, when you've had time to decide where your loyalties lie." Snape says before letting go of quirrells scarf and backing up.

"Oh, professors." Filch greets as he rounds the corner.

"I found this... in the restricted section." Filch explains as he holds up the broken lantern potter dropped. "It's still hot..."

The two other teachers look at filch as he continues, "that means there's a student out of bed." He finishes as they hurry out of there, I sigh once they leave and glance at potter as he opens the door behind him and walks in, I follow soon after, making sure he doesn't notice.

I take off the cloak as I lean against a pillar behind potter. He was standing in front of the mirror as he glared at it suspiciously.

He walks forward as if he noticed something, he then quickly turns around as I hide behind a pillar quickly.

He had turned forward again as I peaked my head out from behind the pillar.

"Mum...?" He asks with a smile as I look at him blankly.

Did he see... our parents... in the mirror..? But that doesn't make sense... I can't see them...

"Dad...?" He questions as he turns towards the other direction.

Okay, maybe he's just crazy....

After a while of smiling at the mirror, he runs off.

I slowly walk to stand in front of the mirror only to see nothing.

"Weird..." I mutter before I notice a figure fading into view, my brother...

He seemed... proud of me? I noticed we had no scars or bruises on our bodies from the Dursley's.

Could this mirror... show what we desire the most? Harry wants our parents and I want a normal life. A life without having to deal with what the Dursley's do to us.

I stay there, sitting down on the floor as I wait for Harry to return with his friend.

I have no doubt in my mind that Harry will go and get Ron to show him this... if he sees what he wants the most, then my theory is confirmed.

The door suddenly opens before it's shut again, I stand up as I look at the two.

"My parents Ron!! My parents..!" I hear Harry say as they remove the cloak and Ron stands in front.

"You see them, don't you? That's—" he started but was cut off by Ron.

"That's me!!" Ron exclaimed as Harry looks at him confused.

"Except I'm... head boy I'm holding the quidditch cup... and bloody hell! I'm quidditch captain too! I look good.." Ron says as Harry looks at him and the mirror confused.

"Harry, do you think this mirror shows the future?" Ron questions as Harry looked at him sadly.

"How can it? Both my parents are dead.."