VII. Dumbledore

"Headmaster Dumbledore would like you in his office." Snape monotonously says as I glance over at the professor.

*What does that fool want now?* Nyx asks as I shrug, nyx has taken a strong disliking towards dumbledore for whatever reason (and I can't say I disagree with her).

"Isn't that lovely." I remark distastefully before getting up, following snape out of common room.

He leads me to a statue of a gargoyle as he glances around before saying the password.

"Sherbet lemons." He says as I snicker, causing snape to glare at me.

"How sophisticated." I mutter with a grin as snape sneers before walking up the stairs, me following close behind.

"So... any idea what he wants?" I ask as snape ignores me and continues to walk up the stairs. "Rude..."

He scoffs as we reach the top, he knocks on a door as a muffled voice says "come in."

Snape opens the door as he walks in, me following behind as I notice the old man smiling at me with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Thank you Severus, you may go now." Dumbledore says as snape pauses hesitantly before walking out with a (dramatic) swish of his cape.

"Y/n, my child, have a seat will you?" Dumbledore asks as i grimace at the man's fake grandfatherly tone but silently nod, sitting down.

"Lemon drop?" He asks as I glance at the lemon drops which seem to be coated in some type of green liquid which was barely noticeable before shaking my head. "Alright then."

"Do you know why I called you in here today, miss potter?" He questions me as I shake my head, glancing over at the phoenix behind him before turning towards the papers scattered on the desk.

"No sir."

"Well, I've had a thought, I just don't think you belong in... well, the Slytherin house." Dumbledore explains as I raise an eyebrow at the man. "So, I think it would be an excellent idea to resort you!"

I glance towards the hat who layed on the shelf as the hat seems to glare at the old man.

"Albus I stay firm with my decision, she belongs in the Slytherin house and I refuse to put her with the Gryffindors!" The hat snaps as the paintings in the room glance at us, now paying attention to what was going on.

"This must be a misunderstanding, there isn't anyway that she is meant to be in Slytherin." Dumbledore tries to reason as the hat shakes its 'head.'

"Albus, I will not resort her." Is all the hat says before closing its eyes, adjusting back into a normal hat.

"Well, we can always resort you the other way." Dumbledore suggests as I raise an eyebrow, does the old man really think I want to be resorted?

"I do apologize sir, but I do not wish to be restored." I interrupt the man as he raises an eyebrow.

"Are you sure my child? There isn't any need to be shy—" he gets cut off as I shake my head.

"If this is all you called me in here for, I will be taking my leave since I do not wish to be resorted." I say before standing up and dusting off my clothes.

I take my leave as the man has a bewildered look on his face, leaving the paintings snickering.