IX. Flying Classes

I stand in line next to Draco as we have basic brooms out in front of us.

Nyx barely could stay still as she was wrapped around my neck so, in the air, she won't fall.

"Good afternoon, class." The professor greets as she walks to the front.

"Good afternoon, madame Hooch." The class says as I just roll my eyes.

"Good afternoon Amanda... good afternoon... welcome to your first flying lesson." She greets as the class stands still.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone steps up to the left side of their broomstick." She demands as everyone does as their told.

"Stick your right hand over the broom, and say up." She demands as the class does so.

Only mine, Harry's, and Draco's go in our hands first try.

I and him watch in amusement as Ron struggles with the broom. He tries a few more times before the broom goes and hits him in the face, I grin as the boy covers his face in pain.

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it and grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end." she demands as everyone does as they're told.

"When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground hard. Keep your brooms steady, hover for a moment, then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle— 3.. 2..." she stops suddenly as she stares at Neville.

Neville's broom starts to float upwards, clearly having no control of it.

"Mr longbottom." The teacher says strictly as Neville keeps floating up.

"M-Mr. Long— Mr. Longbottom!" She yells as Neville flies off.

"Come back down this instant!" She yells as Neville starts screaming, trying not to fall off his broom.

He shouts as his broom hits against the wall to Hogwarts three times before he falls straight towards the group and through the gate, eventually landing himself hanging from a statue's spear like a flag.

He grunts and yells as his robes rip, then the robes get daughter again on another structure, and rip again. He then finally hits the ground as the class stares at him.

Neville whimpers in pain as the teacher helps him up, I notice Draco taking the remembrall as I roll my eyes.

*Yikes!!* Nyx hisses as she looks at neville.

"Everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say quidditch." She says as she walks off.

I snicker quietly, somehow getting the feeling that that won't happen.

I watch as Draco kneels down, picking up the remembrall silently.

"Give it here, Malfoy." Harry says as I roll my eyes and observe the two.

"No. I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find." He taunts as he throws the remembrall before catching it swiftly.

He mounts his broom as he flies up towards the roof. "How about on the roof?" He grins with a raised eyebrow as I roll my eyes before deciding following him.

"What's the matter, Potter? A bit beyond your reach? Even your sister is more skilled than you." Draco states as I sit on the broom with both my legs swinging on one side as I grin down at Harry.

Harry glares at us as he prepares to mount his broom, Hermione tries to stop him but fails as he flies over to us.

"Give it here, Malfoy! Or I'll knock you off your broom!" Harry yells as Draco looks at him in amusement, throwing and catching the remembrall in his hand.

"Is that so?" Malfoy says as he tries to knock both of us off our brooms but fails as we spin around, dodging his attempt.

*Y/n! Do it again! Do it again!* Nyx hisses at me as I whisper a later and smile at her actions.

"Have it your way, then." Draco teases before he throws the remembrall, making me laugh at Harry's bewildered face.

Harry flies past us as I sit with both my legs on one side, watching him attempting to catch the remembrall. He did manage to catch it, but unfortunately stops right in front of McGonagall's office who had looked at potter shocked.

Everyone cheers for Harry as I scowl but my grin forms one again when I see McGonagall walking towards Harry, me and Draco had already landed so we wouldn't get in trouble.

"Harry Potter!" McGonagall calls as the cheering stops and Harry turns towards the lady. "Follow me."

Me and Malfoy laugh as potter shamefully follows the teacher.