XLVI. The Animagus & The Truth

I lay boredly in my sleeping bag as I pretend to be asleep, Draco and Hermione layed asleep next to me.

"I've searched the astronomy tower and the owlery, sir. But there's nothing there." Filch says as he walks into the hall along with the other Professors.

"Ah, thank you." Dumbledore thanks him as Filch nods.

"I've searched the dungeons sir, no sign of black." Snape says as dumbledore nods in acknowledgement.

"I did t really expect him to linger." dumbledore explains as the professors nod.

"Remarkable feat, don't you think? To enter hogwarts castle on one's own, completely undetected." Snape mutters as Filch looks around, making sure everybody is asleep.

The professors proceeded to talk about how black got in and after a couple minutes, they all left.

I stand up as I dust off my clothes and walk out of the hall.

I walk around the castle until suddenly I notice a familiar black dog running around the corner quietly.

I follow the dog as it leads to a dead end, the dog seems to sigh as it turns around only to be met with me looking at it with an eyebrow raised.

The dog looks up at me as I sigh and shake my head.

"You're an animagus, aren't you?" I question the dog as it winces and looks down.

"Sirius black." I state as the dog looks up and nods.

I look at the dog before sighing and facing the other way.

"I'm not doing this to help you, but I'll help you get out of the castle. I want answers and you're the only one who can give them to me." I state as the animagus perks up and wags his tail, trotting over to me.

"There is a passageway through the chamber of secrets. It leads to the edge of the forbidden forest." I state as I look down at the dog who stares back.

"Tomorrow evening, meet me at the same place we normally would. I want answers." I demand as the dog nods and quickly follows me.

The dog follows me to the girls bathroom as I stand infront of the sink with the dog looking at me confused behind me.

'Open.' I hiss as the dog jumps at the sudden change of languages.

"Oh right, forgot to mention I can speak parseltounge." I add on with a grin as the passageway to the chamber opens up.

I jump down as the dog follows behind, barking.

Once we land at the bottom the dog rolls over to me before standing up.

"By the way, there's a basilisk in here, she won't hurt you though." I explain with a dismissive wave of my hand. The dog tries to bark in protest but stopped once he noticed I was walking away.

We walk all the way to the statue of Salazar before Tom suddenly materializes making me flinch— I forgot I had the diary on me.

"Y/n? What are you doing down here with a... dog?" Tom mutters as the dog growls warningly at Tom as he steps infront of me.

"Calm down Sirius, he's a friend." I say as the dog stops before barking quietly and walking next to me.

"Sirius...? As in Sirius black? Have you finally gone mad y/n?" Tom asks as I chuckle nervously.

"Well..." I mutter as Tom sighs disappointedly.

"Whatever. Don't say I didn't tell you so when one day you get killed because of these idiotic actions." Tom mutters as I roll my eyes.

"Says the one who told me to break into the lestrange vault!" I pout at him as the dog barks suddenly with its eyes wide.

"Hm? You know the lestrange's?" I ask sirius as he pauses before nodding.

"Tell me about it tomorrow, I want answers for everything." I demand as the dog nods quickly.

———

I lean against a tree in the forest as sirius black stands awkwardly infront of me.

"Well? Going to explain what you're doing at hogwarts?" I ask as he sighs and runs a hand through his tangled hair.

"I should start at the beginning..." he mutters as I nod.

"Well... I wasn't the one who got your parents killed. It was Peter pettigrew, Peter became the secret keeper and ratted out your parents location to Voldemort. If I hadn't trusted Dumbledore..." he trails off with a sigh before continuing to explain.

"Dumbledore convinced me to chase after Peter, I didn't kill Peter nor the muggles that day. Peter faked his death by cutting off his own finger and blaming me for it. Dumbledick didn't get me a trial so I ended up having to spend twelve years is Azkaban!" He rants as he pulls on his hair before calming down with a sigh.

"Peter is acting as the Weasley boys rat, which is why I broke into the gryffindor common room." He mutters as he shakes his head.

"I'm sorry... if I wasn't in Azkaban I would've been able to take you and Harry in..." he apologizes as I look at him confused, he looks back at me with the same look.

"Didnt dumbledore tell you...? Who am I kidding of course he didn't.... I'm your godfather, Moony is aswell." Sirius says as I choke on nothing as I stare at him in shock.

"What?" Is all I mutter as he looks at me apologetically.

"Prongs— your father— named me and moony— Remus Lupin— your godfathers, he had almost named wormtail your godfather aswell but didn't trust him to be able to take care of two children. If I'm correct, then Lupin is currently teaching at your school aswell." Sirius explains as I nod slowly.

"Well... what about the lestrange's? How did you know them?" I ask as Sirius sighs as he stares off, seemingly lost in thought.

"I'm technically cousins with bellatrix, she was originally a black before marrying rodolphus lestrange." He explains as I nod slowly.

"And... what happened?" I ask hesitantly as he runs a hand through his messy hair again.

"Well, I ran away at sixteen to go live with the potters, stupid idea, I know. That also caused me to get in a fight with narcissa, andromeda, and bellatrix. Though, andromeda was later disowned because she married a muggle born. Bellatrix doesn't necessarily like me anymore, though I'll admit she was right when she said dumbledore was a manipulative old coot." Sirius laughs humorlessly as I stare at him in shock.

"Thank you... I should... get going now.." i mutter as he nods with a sad smile.

"Also, my animagus form is called padfoot." He says before turning back into the familiar black dog and running off.