4. YIELD

"NO WAY, DUDE!" i yelled at him. whats this bastard talking about? is he mental?

"wait, wait... that came out wrong... right... your human..."

"WHAT NOW? what are you then? an alien? whats wrong with you? OW!" yep, thats my stitch alright.

"geez, dont freak out much. you know youre freshly out from operation, right?"

that made me come down from my high. he caressed my shoulder that would have made me flinch and retreat out of awkwardness but with him... it soothes me. wonder where that came from?

"fine." i sighed.

"sorry to abruptly pointing it out to you like that but i really am your... um... mate. seeing how you reacted to that word, you possibly know what that means, right?" he said now sitting on his seat by my bed.

"now that i think about it, a local from my previous town married into a wolf community. theyre never secretive about it but my parents abhor them. saying theyre spawns of satan and such." i said failing to continue with what i had in my mind.

"but - " he urged me to go on.

"but i find them fascinating. based on what i had to experience back then, dreaming is all i could do ever to escape reality." i smiled at him briefly.

"oh, this'll be easy for you then."

"what made you say that?" i tilted my head in curiosity. does it ever occured to him that im maybe not that easy to be swayed? ive had enough of people pushing and pulling me to accomodate their own beliefs and wants. i dont want another prison where i could no longer see the sun as bright as it usually is.

"that... that you know about wolves... like me." he stuttered and breathed heavily once.

"yeah, so? many now knows about them but some still remained skeptical due to disbelief or may just the plain old, "ill believe it once i see it", kind of stuff. wait... so that means... youre... youre that dog?" as my train of thought all lined up, goosebumps filled my entire body as i remembered that scene.

"excuse me but im the top of the foodchain when it comes to wolves, dear. being called a dog especially by my mate would be highly rude and insulting and it hurts." he said and i swear i saw a glint of red in his eyes. now that ive calmed down, i noticed that he had deep piercing eyes that could make it seem like i was being read through his gaze and an undeniable pretty face. he could pass up as a model if he wanted to.

"sorry." i said beneath my breath and that sealed our conversation.

i had remained in the hospital for a total of two weeks as per his insistence. it doesnt matter for me though 'cause im not the one shouldering my medical bills. he insisted on it too. might as well give in into that 'cause why not? my only concern is my missed classes. oh well, what a couple more hours staying in the library to cope up with it. i have a lot of time now since im already out of the gang.

i am now dressed up and had been tended by a nurse to pull-out my i.v. a doctor had also been here for my final check up and dressing of my wounds and my stab. i guess im all set.

i was about halfway to the door when it opened again and ayberk entered wearing a navy blue suit and tie. it seems hed been in a meeting or whatever. and i dont care really. i need to get out of here and get on with my life.

"um... thank you for everything. i dont know how i could repay you the expenses that ive incurred during my stay here but know that i will eventually pay you back. thank you, sir." i politely said. i dont know the guy or what he do for a living, might as well be polite just to be sure. as soon as i reached for the door knob, he clasped my upper arm and it startled the daylights out of me. it was just so fast i could hardly react.