7. WOLF

Ayberk POV

were on our way to my penthouse here in the city. its on the top floor of my familys hotel and only those who were authorized can access it.

i looked sideways to my mate and found him quiet. too quiet to my liking. its as if he was holding something in and its making me worried.

ive been meaning to touch him ever since i found him. what happened back at the penthouse was just giving an excuse but he seemed to flinch at every touch my family gave him. its as if touch itself means pain.

im usually not this caring to anyone other than my family but with him, i grew angry just at the thought of him having a past that made him react like this. it made me want to know more about him and his past but would i dwell on it since what matters most is hes here beside me right here, right now, safe and unharmed?

as i see him right now staring at the rain outside his window, his face reflected a forlorn one. i wanted to run my hand on his small face and wanted to see a smile. a genuine happy smile that most probably light up my typical dark world.

bearing all the courage and kicking all the bashfulness that my face may reveal, i place my hand over his own and rubbed it.

"a penny of your thoughts?" i asked but it sounded like a bit demanding.

"you have a wonderful family." he said smiling a little but the smile never reached his eyes.

"yeah, a bit out of ordinary considering the variety of species within one roof but bound by blood and bond all the same." i replied wanting to keep the conversation going.

"blood and bond. family. the only blood and bond i know from my family was the blood from my skin and the bond on my wrist and feet. funny, huh?" sarcastic but it told me everything that i need to know about his family.

i want to invistigate him but my wolf wants me to just accept him as is because no matter his past was, its still him all the same.

"hmm." i replied not knowing how to console him on that matter. if it was me, i could have rip off their heads. family or not, its inhumane to do that.

"umn..."

"yes?" i looked at him, my hand still on his hand. it felt wrong since we just knew about each other but it felt so right at the same time.

"you told me that i was transfered from my old school." he started.

"yes. youll be home schooled via net and any projects or physical submission will be delivered." i dont want to add that id like him to be home bound and be safe. my and my twins work is not that typically safe to let any of our family wander around unprotected.

"but- would it make seem like a prisoner in your own home? am i to be locked up again? id already been trashed by my parents and i had found freedom at last. would it be so impossible to ask to let me attend school on campus?"

i was taken aback by that information and judging by the look he gave me, it was not anguish, it was pleading. it was as if he pleading and begging to live. his glistening eyes never waver from my own as he tried to convey his side. i never felt like this in my entire life. this guilt gnaws my cold heart.

i reached to touch his face and surprisingly,found him leaning unto it. its as if i was caressing a cat and have him purring in my hand.

fine.

i give up.

"okay, but i have conditions." he perked up.

"uh-huh."

"first, ill drive you to and fro from school. friends are okay but no sleep overs and visiting each others den. clear?" he nodded.

"second, youll answer whenever i call. i know your schedule so rest assured i wont call you during you class time but i will if its really necessary. if you cant answer the second time, ill assume you are in danger. ill have someone fetch you from school and have you delivered to me at my office here in the city pronto." he nodded at that. it reminded me that i need to teach him how to navigate his phone.