22. BROTHER

nearly finishing my eighth month, i was lounging in ayberks office just a floor below our penthouse and i was growing bored as minutes passed. hes out by the way and yep, when hes away jellies will play. thats the plan though but nats been 15 minutes late already. he didnt call. he didnt message me. nothing. all i know is hes out for a while to buy something. im getting antsy.

frustrated as much, i stood up with a bit of a wobble and reached for my ysl bag

frustrated as much, i stood up with a bit of a wobble and reached for my ysl bag. now, this bag was a bit girly but i love how elegant it looked. i stared at it for nearly 10 minutes from my laptop admiring its design and color. what i didnt know was ayberk stealing glances at it behind me. after a few days, given that its my eighth month that day, ayberk presented me with a bag with ysl embossed on its side. i nearly burst into a fury since i know how much this was worth. i told him over and over again that i dont want money to be wasted on me but then again his answer was always like this, "money is dispensable but your happiness is not, its my treasure. leave me be of my vices, its just always you." can you refute that?

now i found my self in the reception area in the ground floor of our building. yes, im wobbling and my layered clothes doesnt help much either. i sat at a sofa there and fumbled with my phone. this beats my boredom by hundred fold. its a better atmosphere than ayberks suffocating office. the office is wide but theres not much air circulation there and i could feel tensions there. maybe some lingering emotions or feelings that the space have been saturated with.

"um... excuse me." a voice pulled me out of my reverie and saw someone i was hoping ill never encounter.

"yes?" i replied pulling my bag on my body, more like hiding my belly. im on my protective mode and it doesnt sit well with my psyche.

"i cant help but mention this because of what happened but we saw each other that day at the mall and my mom approached you through the glass wall. youre with your buddy that time. do you remember?" he said quite fast.

"as much as i want to forget, you unfortunately made me remember." i said annoyed. yes, i know hes my brother based on how he looked like the splitting image of my sperm donor. "what can i help you with and what are you doing here?"

"umn... our class has a seminar here on one of the halls and im very sure i could use your help. you see, mom has been down for a few months now. actually from the time we reached home from the mall that time, mom was distraught. dad as well. i dont know much about what is the deal between the lot of you but please can you visit them and make peace with them?" did he lost a nut on his skull?

"what makes you believe that i would readily agree to anything that youve said? i mean, you dont even know me and i dont have any inclination to claim you as anyone i know as well." i replied without standing from where i was seated. i might punch the daylights out of him just because he mentioned those despicable humans to my face.

"i dont have much evidence but all they say was they had sinned and you need to be saved in order for us to be saved as well. i know theyre religious as hell but i dont get why theyre heavily burdened by your existence."

"well im sorry to be a burden for them but i dont care about them anymore as much as they didnt care for me at all. tell them sorry but not sorry, really. im living my life happily without them interfering. good day." i tried to stand up but he stood at where i was suppose to stand. i fell back to the luckily soft seat. "what the hell!"

"please. just this once. theyre staying at a hotel right now accompanying me for this seminar. it wont take too long. just talk to them and ill personally escort you back please."

"you prick! i told you i dont have anything to say to them!"

hes gripping my arm hard now and im at the peak of my annoyance and anxiety. my heart could punch a hole in my chest right now.

"pardon sir but you have to let go of our lord right now otherwise we might use force to escort you out of the premises." two shadows out of nowhere came. one in front of me and the other behind my chair.

"fine but please i want to set up a meeting for all of us one of these days if youre available. i cant bear to see them like this anymore. theyre wasting away. i want to let them unwind thats why i brought them here with me but they refused to roam around saying that they might run into an accident and saw it as punishment from above." he pleaded. if its not my donors that were talking about here, i might be sympathetic but this is old news for me. ive learned enough from all the lascerations and beatings that being too sympathetic would earn you some broken bones.

"fine. give them your number. theyll contact you if we have time." i said with finality. i want to lay down now. my backs killing me. even though i landed on this soft seat earlier, its still uncomfortable.

the guy behind me reached out for me to help me up. i was about to reach when a hand im so familiar with reached mine first.

"ayberk." i murmured.

"i think your conversation is already finished. ill take my mate back." ayberk reached out further to my waist and supported some of my weight. "sort this out."

"yes, my lord." the shadows saluted in unison. i could have giggled if im not this annoyed.

when we reached the penthouse, ayberk settled me down on the sofa and put up my feet to his lap. im so lucky to have this man as my mate. hes really a total package.

"who was it earlier?" he said as he continued massaging my leg.

"that ones pretty swollen, thanks. i think hes my brother." i said while i was hugging a pillow he thrown over me a while ago.

"you think? youre not sure?" he said rather calmly.

"well, lets say im 80 percent sure. i know you know about what i had been through before we met. its all because of that family." i said rather non-chalant. i already got over my miserable life before and swore never to look back. but then again they just pop out of nowhere stirring up dark memories like a walk in the park.

"those people i met with you at the mall?"

"the very ones."

"what do they want?" he asked now curious.

"apparently the parents are very distraught at the sight of their son and to think that you told them that im pregnant made it even worse. now the younger son wants me to placate them." it seems my last statement didnt fit well into his mood.

"not alone, no." he said curtly under his growls.

"so it shall be." i replied but drowsiness is slowing creeping up on me. "besides im not even considering talking to them given that my situation doesnt allow me to fight back at my fullest. i may not be able to defend myself before but now that i have a family to protect, i wont hesitate to shed their blood if necessary."

"i have your back, dear. dont worry."

"its yours anyway." i said slyly smirking at him.

"what?" wow, hes really slow sometimes. as he gazed intently at me, i replied with a lip bite. and oh geez, i wish i hadnt.