16. UNI CAKE

CHAWARIN POV

ive been roaming around the castle for a while now and im getting bored. everyone that i have came across with all scampered away as if im going to eat them. im getting annoyed and im not that kind to fix a sly smile if i dont feel like it.

i was walking along the corridor when i came upon an open door and it seems like a library. much to my surprise, i see grannie gulf by the large window. he seems to too engrossed with something hes reading.

 he seems to too engrossed with something hes reading

"hi, rin. feel free to read." he looked up to me from where he was seated and smiled. hes really pretty.

"thank you. may i ask, what you are reading about?"

"about you actually. about your kind." he flipped a few more pages.

"what about it?" now im curious.

"well, your kind are rather reclusive and your genes may not be heriditary."

"maybe?"

"yeah... maybe... theres not much of any documentary about it since your kind fled and just disappeared. your great aunty up there wasnt much help either saying shes busy with her mate." he sighed as he closed his book. "ill pester her some more if it means i could pry for more information." he smiled at that. "dont worry much dear. you just have to live your life in freedom. you deserve it after all this time."

"maybe so but... im really scared grannie."

"whats there to be scared of, honey? ayberk? ill deal with him if hes bullying you too much, okay?"

"no... its not really him. its just that im an entirely another being than him and im worried if im not good enough for him."

"what do you think about the mates in this family, rin? did they not fought for their right to be in their mates side? they did rin. they even fought their own selves just to conquer that wall. youre very much more in luck than them actually. youre strong. youre brave. youre steadfast amongst all that had happen to you. you just have to find the will to be who you wanted to be by ayberks side."

"you made me seem like a formidable person grannie. im not sure im all that." i shook my head.

"trust me, you are. especially now, well..."

"what? what is it?"

"ayberk will surely tell you. for now, all i need to really say to you is, give ayberk hell when the cravings kick in. okay?"

"why?" im all confused.

"youll see." he stood up and walked away towards the door.

"thank you." i said quite too late as i saw him disappeared in a smoke as he stepped over the threshold.

i looked over to his vacated seat and reached for the book he was reading. i smiled to myself when i saw that he was reading a childrens book with foxes in its cover.