23. TIMING

The timing couldnt be anymore precise than this. ive stepped on my 9th month today and im scheduled to be confined in the hospital floor of ethans building as what we have discussed. but today as well, an unavoidable conflict in the border local territory of a small pack in the south which involves witches made ayberk a bit annoyed and full-on furious.

"why cant they negotiate with these witches and be done with it? why am i should be the one to face them personally?" its not in ayberks nature to complain like this.

"well, apparently your family has connections with powers being a direct descendant of the moon goddess herself. your family is the only who could put up a fight with the earthly witches. your mom could go but thats just overkill. dont you think so?" i said to him as a matter of fact.

"when did you become so smart about our family." that could maybe come as an insult but i know him too well that it just sounds like teasing.

"well, ever since you kidnapped me and bit me and luckily its out of my own freewill, i made it to a point to get to know my mate up to the tips of his toes. i wont believe anybody else telling on you unless it came from your pretty mouth yourself, though." i muched on my tacos with whipped cream. its tasty, really.

"and im so glad i did so." he said coming unto me on my seat.

"you go. me and nat will be fine. you got your shadows on me all the time. what could possibly go wrong?" i said still focused on my tacos.

"everything could go wrong with just a flick of a finger, dear. ive learned my lessons with what happened to the mates in the family. i wont go down that path if i have the ability to avoid it." his tone much serious this time.

"be that as it may, be careful for tomorrow, okay? well be waiting at the hospital floor with your mom. he insists on accompanying me there along with nat. im sure he wont resist your mates charm when ill ask for your baby pictures if youll be running late even just for a minute." i teased him and he just widen his eyes on me as if hes asking if i could really dare to ask for it. oh boy, i really will.

"fine, but youll call me once you rested your pretty butt in the hospital bed and text me every 10 minutes... scratch that... every five minutes on your way there."

"yes, sir. as you wish." i smiled at him.

"when will you go?" ayberk asked now massaging my swollen feet. as much as id like to exercise, i.e. walk, my feet are killing me for every step. ayberks been so helpful steadying me whenever i request for a brisk one but im really struggling like a penguin on a tightrope kind of a wobble. i could have laughed at my situation if not for my mates worried face.

"on friday after my last exam." i sighed. i cant believe next sem ill be graduating next year and earlier than the others, too."

"well, we put you in the accelerated program which is only attainable to those who are already in the industry and to those who really deserved it. you just flowed like a river throughout your lessons, i cant even believe my ears when zita told me to have you in an accelerated pace."

"well, what can i do? im always at home with all these books and i got nothing to do but just read my day away. even arranging the nursery and the babys stuff couldnt take most of my time. and most especially, id like to have to thank your cousins, kea and liam for accomodating my questions about business and stuff. the theory just became more understandable when it surely applies in the real world."

"yeah? i hope they dont mind." ayberk said still squeezing my leg.

"they said they dont. i even consulted with your uncle alexander for some and hes just too happy to have someone to talk to since uncle muren went out for long period of time doing luna stuffs with liam sometimes in the riverwolf pack." i said really happy that my mates family adores me as much as any son in the family. i couldnt help but wish that my family was one, too, but not all wishes do come true. i dont feel any remorse or guilt or even pity for that matter. its more like im disappointed that i ended up as their kid. regardless, im happy of where i am now, especially with this replica of us coming out soon.