19. PINS AND NEEDLES

CHAWARIN POV

the moment my tummy portruded to a sightful size, both sides, i mean, the wolves and the vampires side of the family prepared for an event. though ayberks all wolf, one couldnt deny that he was born of vampire descent and is twin brother to their king, arius. as to the wolves side, itll be held in the castle while on the vampires side in a hotel the mafia owned. all has been masked as a gathering of investors, business partners and families for the sake of the humans but everything and all of it came all down to me, the main attraction. i cant help the feeling that im being oogled at but when ayberks mom, ethan said that when it was them the first generation, it was much more hostile and menacing to gather all these supernaturals. he said that it was thanks to their parents that everyone was docile and reasonable to behave like civilized people they are.

as much as they want to merge the two event, there were some bad blood that cannot be avoided. they tried to reconcile some and succeeded but the hostility on some run deep into ancestry. arius just let it be and ayberk dont want to use force just to have a facade of peace. nevertheless, the two species never collided into a war as far as ayberk knows.

 nevertheless, the two species never collided into a war as far as ayberk knows

now im having a bath here at our penthouse. its the night before the vampire event and theyve decided its best that ill be going there from here where i was most comfortable. ill be pampered all day spa-like from head to toe under the eye of ayberk at all times. now that were going to out that im pregnant with his heir, im at my most vulnerable. he wont take more than 3 steps away from me. heck sometimes hes glued to my side like a parasite. i dont mind a bit but now im getting hot whenever hes too clingy on me. not in heat hot but hot sweating hot. hence, the three step compromise.

-------->>>>>

AYBERK POV

all the little details for my mates announcement and proclamation to our society in the underground business are hitched to completion early this afternoon. now at this moment, rins in the bath. i want to get in with him but he cutely rejected the idea saying that he felt like his belly will be squished if were to get in together. how can a jacuzzi sized bathtub be called a cramped space for only two occupants?

hes already on his 7th month and everythings going smoothly. we still dont know what the gender is and wed like it to be a surprise. regardless, my heir will be the next ruler of the wolves. some say that my position shouldnt be heriditary and a contest should be done to determine whos the strongest and be the king but what could we do since the necklace chose the next ruler from our lineage and its been like that since generations before. would they dare to argue, a challenge contest was set up for fairness but as far as our rule had been one that was founded on peace and continued existence, no one dared to seriously challenge us. as for me and my betas case, it was a mere play-date for me so it was not even considered as a contest.

"youre deep with your thoughts. mind if i dip in on it?" rins seductive voice rang behind me as i felt him encircled his arms on my chest while his body was well away from my back. his bulging stomach occupied all the space between us.