020: ( regretful )

THE NEXT DAY:

CHRIS'S POV:
i tried talking to y/n today but she didn't say a word, im beginning to get worried. i don't understand, i didn't do anything wrong. i walk around my room, pulling on my hair, regretting every thing i said or did that day when suddenly matt bursts into my room.
"chris you've been in your room all day, you're gonna have to come out eventually. you can't just avoid y/n forever, she's moved in now so that'll be a lot harder than you think." matt says, putting his hand on my shoulder. "now come on, don't tell him i said this, but nicks missed speaking to you so come downstairs and see us for a change." he walks out of my room, leaving his words echoing in my head. "ugh," i think to myself, "i hate it when he's right." i pick up my phone and work my way down the stairs, not caring if y/n sees me anymore. i did nothing wrong, i've got nothing to be upset about.

YOUR POV:
you're sat at the table with nick and matt eating my breakfast, when suddenly a tall, fluffy haired boy comes into the room. he seemed fine, like nothing had happened, this isn't like chris. you carried on eating your food, trying your hardest not to look up and stare but you couldn't help it. to distract myself, you started a conversation with matt and nick. "so guys, how's..life," you say instantly regretting every word. "oh great one y/n, he's so going to believe that," you think to yourself.
"moving on.. we've got our lacrosse game today chris," matt says, turning his whole body around to face the boy making food behind us. "we've got to bring our a game otherwise coach will kill us." whilst matts talking, you make your way over to the sink to wash my dishes when suddenly you tripped. you're caught by a pair of strong arms. "of course, it's chris." you think to yourself, getting annoyed. "your welcome," he says with a chuckle then goes straight back to speaking to matt.

the triplets house: leaving
EVERYONE'S finally ready to go so we all grab our bags and head out the door to the minivan that was waiting for us in the driveway. you feel someone touch your hand, it was nick. he pulls me back gently so we're now trailing behind matt and chris. "you'll be okay," he says kind of quiet. "don't sweat it, it's chris okay. everything will be back to normal by the end of the day." all you do is nod. you think to yourself, "i'm hoping that's true because i cant go back to being enemies with him, again."

YOU all climb into the car and drive in an awkward silence until finally chris grabs the aux and starts playing music. he keeps glancing up at you in the mirror and when you look back, he looks away and turns back to looking out the window until you finally pull up to the school. you gulp as you undo your seatbelt and step out of the car. nows the chance to change everything and make things right.

authors note:
@sturniololovee tell me what you think, enjoy!