021: ( the game )

YOU'RE walking up to the front of your high school, trying to level your breathing. nick was standing next to you, holding your hand for support. "you have nothing to worry about i promise you," nick said as you walked up to the field. "even if anything happens in here." you give him a massive hug and you both run up to catch up with the others.

AS you get closer to where the lacrosse game was being held, a group of boys come over to you all and start talking to matt and chris and you think to yourself, "this is my chance to slip out and go find some friends." you tell nick you're heading off then quickly walk away, trying to find anybody you can. you're racing through the corridors when you bump into someone who happened to be the only person you wanted to see right at that moment. madi.

madi has been your bestfriend since the 1st grade but you lost contact when you moved to different high schools. you gave her the biggest hug and told her everything. "i'll talk to him okay?" madi says, giving you a hug. "he seems like he means a lot to you, i'll knock some sense into him." you both laugh and make your way over to the game, arms linked.

after the game:
YOU, nick and madi are cheering matt and chris on from the bleachers, as the whistle goes and the winner is announced. you're all jumping with excitement at the name of the boys team being called out. madi runs down to the both them and takes some photos while you and nick stay talking to some people. you look down for a second and see chris already looking at you. whatever madi said worked a charm, thank gosh. you give him a huge smile and mouth the words "congratulations", he gives you a smile back and mouths "i'm really sorry." you roll your eyes back playfully and he smiles. we're going back to the way it was and i'm happy.

chris's pov:
my hearts racing as we make the final shoot just before the whistle goes and we get announced as the winners. i walk over to the other team, being a good sport, giving them all handshakes and saying good game. me and matt finally manage to get through the group of sweaty bodies and madi comes racing over but i didn't listen to a word she said. my eyes were on y/n the entire time. matt punches my arm to get my attention back, i look at him and madi for a second then back up at y/n. she's truly beautiful, i hope i don't lose her completely. i'm still staring when suddenly y/n stops speaking to nick, looks down at me and we make eye contact. everything about her is perfect. "congratulations," she mouths to me with a smile plastered from cheek to cheek. i smile back and mouth, "i'm really sorry." she rolled her eyes back at me and gave me a smile. i've got her back, that's all that matters to me.

authors note:
HOPE U ENJOY!- @sturniololovee on instagram!