027: ( "i love you" )

you can't help but think about what happened with matt, wondering if he's okay and what's going on. "i have to go i'm sorry," you say to chris as you run off quickly. you leave chris on the dance floor, look back giving him a nervous smile and then keep running. you barge past people yelling "excuse me" as you pass through, not caring if anyone gets hurt. matts your bestfriend and you'll do anything to protect him.

as your rushing through, you suddenly bump into someone. "watch it!!" you shout over the music and roll your eyes. "i'm looking for somebody important!" all of a sudden, the figure turns around to face you. it was matt. "im sorry," matt shouts. "carry on looking for your "important person". we both chuckle which turns into an awkward sigh. "should we go somewhere more private to talk" he shouts yet again "because all this shouting HURTS". you nod and start barging through more people, hearing a faint matt chuckle as you did so.

TIME JUMP (5 MINUTES):
you finally reach matts room, barge past him and jump onto his bed. "do come in," he laughs as you lay like a starfish across his bed. "so why were you running around like a headless chicken looking for me then?" he says, the question echoing through my head. you sat up and gave him a look almost saying "you know why." you let out a sigh, scratch your head, then decide to tell him since he gives you a look of confusion. "you've been acting off since you saw me dancing with chris earlier on tonight and i just wanted to know what's up." you say, trying to sound some what supportive. he opens his mouth like he goes to say something and then stops himself. "i cant say," he mumbles, seeming embarrassed. "i cant tell you, not yet." you give him a confused look and he just states at you. "y/n i-"

you're interrupted by a panting nick barging through the door. "y/n, chris is looking for you and i'd say you better go now before he starts assuming the worst. you know what he's like." he then looks at you then back at matt, then back at you again and slowly closes the door with a little smirk on his face. "what was that about?" i ask calmly. matt suddenly stands up angrily and shouts "LOOK I DONT KNOW OKAY! please.. just leave i'm not in the best mindset right now." you feel your lip start to quiver, matt had never shouted at you like that before, it wasn't like him. something was really bothering him and you needed to find out.

"fine okay you know what, i'm leaving! i'm clearly not wanted here so bye!" you say, your voice slightly wobbling as you did so. you grab the door handle and take a sniff. "y/n wait i'm sorry," matt says as you hear him get closer to you. "i shouldn't of shouted at you like that, please don't be angry at me." at this point, he was almost inches away from you which made you slightly nervous. "it's okay, honestly." you say and start to pull the door handle down. "i better get back down to chris." you leave the room and as you did so you hear a little mumble which sounded like the words "i love you". you think to yourself "why would he say i love you?! that's so stupid, we're bestfriends." you don't think too much about it and go back down to meet chris.

but did the idea of matt loving you really seem that stupid?...

AUTHORS NOTES:
go follow my instagram: @sturniololovee
hope you enjoyed this chapter!! what will happen with y/n and matt? whats going on with him and what will chris think?! stay tuned for tomorrows chapter to find out more🫶🏼