026: ( the after-party )

you barge around the sweaty body packed house, bumping into people as you did so, until finally you bumped into someone worth the search. chris. "there you are, i've been looking all over for you," you said with a sigh of relief. "where is everybody?" chris gives me a shrug and then holds his hand out. "will you dance with me?" he said with a smile on his face. "it'll be just like old times." from that last comment you had to say yes. he took your hand as you made your way to the middle of the dance floor. as you walked in, you noticed a familiar song playing. you turned your head towards chris who was already smiling at you. "our song," he mouthed. "i'll never forget it." a huge smile grew on your face as you wrapped your arms around his neck and rested your head on them. this was your place, chris was your person. you didn't want to be anywhere else but here.

as you were dancing with chris, he spun you around and held you close, making you feel a sense of comfort. you rested the side of your head against his and closed your eyes for a second, embracing the moment. you had a weird feeling flow through your body as you closed your eyes, like the one felt earlier with the "matt situation". "i'm sure it's nothing" you say to yourself, but you open your eyes anyway. to no surprise, matt was standing there. you gave him as best a smile you could while your face was pressed against chris's. but as you did, he left in a rush. "i wonder what's going on with him, this isn't usual" you think to yourself. "this isn't like matt at all...."

MATT'S POV:
after the whole what i like to call "incident" with y/n and chris, i decided to take a breather so i grabbed my jacket and headed downstairs. on the way, i could barely make it out and i managed to see y/n barging through people, which made me chuckle. i tried my hardest to go after her, shoving through the groups of people standing in doorways and crowding around, until finally i came to a stop. on the dance floor. i take a minute and try to catch my breath as i glance over and see what i didn't want to see. y/n was dancing with chris. i just froze, i couldn't move. i don't know why i was so shocked, they loved eachother after all. when suddenly my freeze stopped after chris had spun y/n around and she looked straight at me. i immediately walked off, like nothing had happened. this isn't how i wanted her to find out, and not this soon either..

AUTHORS NOTES;
go follow my instagram: @sturniololovee
hope you enjoyed this chapter!! i'm so excited to see what happens with matt.. will y/n ever find out matts feelings? will chris find out? tune in to tomorrows chapter to hopefully get some answers!! love you all🫶🏼