Chapter 113: Auditing Division

After Zheng Shanpao sat down, Tian Wenjing stood up and said, "Sire, the negotiations with the other mountain barbarian tribes have new developments."

Ouyang Shuo was startled awake and he said, "Please say!"

"The two medium sized tribes and the six small sized tribes were scared by the show of strength by the Shanhai Town army at Jifeng Valley. In the negotiations, after realizing that Xuanniao tribe and the other 3 small scale tribes have started working with us and solved their food problems, they decided to put down their fear and start working with us." Tian Wenjing said.

"Good. As for the specific arrangements, has it been settled?"

Tian Wenjing nodded, "That's right. We have already discussed most of the content and only need sire to come back and take a look!"

"Please say!"

"Firstly it has to do with the soldiers. The mountain barbarian tribes are willing to copy Xuanniao tribe and send their elite warriors to Shanhai Town army in exchange for payment. 100 from the small sized tribes and 200 from the medium sized tribes, adding up to 1 thousand people, a full two units." Tian Wenjing said.

Ouyang Shuo shook his head, "2 months ago our cooperation with Xuanniao tribe was done so because of the circumstances. We didn't have enough trust in one another and thus used the method of exchanging soldiers for benefits and payments. This method has obvious negatives.

"In Shanhai army, even though they are all soldiers, the barbarian tribe warriors' benefits won't be given to them and instead to their tribe, causing them to feel psychologically down and it won't be beneficial to developing a sense of belonging to Shanhai Town. It would be easy to cause them to have mixed feelings towards the town which will make them not fight for the town and instead be fighting for the benefits and payments. The lack of honor and spirit will be a huge blow to our fighting strength. If the war goes well it will be okay, but if we face problems then why would they fight to the death?"

The military affairs director nodded his head in agreement, "Sire's meaning is that some negative seeds has appeared in the military and the barbarians and Shanhai Town born soldiers are split into two circles."

Tian Wenjing was a civil servant and didn't understand military affairs well, asking unconfidently, "Then how should we deal with that?"

Ouyang Shuo smiled slightly, "The situation now is different. As we have the upper hand and are the stronger force, we have to use it and be more forceful. I feel that both the warriors that we choose and their families must move over to Shanhai Town and be a member of our town. Only then will they have the heart to commit to our town and protect it with their all. As compensation, we will give their tribe a one time payment of one gold. We will also give them a batch of food, a medium sized tribe will get 100 thousand units and the small sized tribe will get 50 thousand units."

"Sire's offer is too good, they have no reason to reject." Tian Wenjing said excitedly.

"As for the specific negotiation details, I'll have to trouble you. Additionally, the 700 mountain barbarians soldiers that have joined our town will follow the above plan." Ouyang Shuo added.

"Understood!"

Ouyang Shuo nodded and said, "Tian Wenjing, please continue!"

"As the Langshan mining field are already at max capacity, it's hard to add in more people. Doctor Song had reminded us that the mountains are filled with herbs and medicine, hence I want to deal with the tribes for them to be in charge of collecting the herbs and we will buy them at market price, or use food to trade." Tian Wenjing was obviously not pleased with this part of the negotiation.