Chapter 149: Defensive Region

On the forums, the specific details of the defense were revealed by players.

Bengalore Town had also built high city walls. The difference was that theirs were built with yellow dirt as a foundation and only covered with a layer of brick, unlike Shanhai Town's, which used stone.

The number of soldiers who participated in the defense for Bengalore Town was 2000. There were a total of 6200 raiders, 3 times the number of the defensive forces.

Unlike Shanhai Town which had only 3 city gates, Bengalore Town had the normal standard of 4. Hence, their defensive quest was harder than Shanhai Town's. The raiders were crafty. Not only did they attack 3 sides and exclude one, they also attacked at the same time.

In the afternoon, the raiders only did a scouting attack, averaging it out on 3 sides. Durava was confused by their tactic and made use of the rest time to rearrange the defense, arranging the defensive strengths of the three sides in a very balanced manner.

When they attacked in the afternoon, the ferocity and killing intent of the raiders started to show. On the surface the number of raiders were similar to that of the morning, 2 thousand men per gate. In truth, the raiders had rearranged their troops, placing the basic raiders at the east and west directions and all their elites in one direction to focus on attacking the north gate.

With this, the north gate was in an emergency. When he found out about their plan, the three sides had already begun to engage. If he rushed to shift some men around, it would give the raiders an opportunity. Helplessly he could only grit his teeth and wish that the north gate could hold on until the other two gates could support them.

Unfortunately, after an afternoon of intense battle under the attack of the elite raiders, Bengalore Town's north gate failed to defend. Once it fell, like a chain reaction the entire town fell into a state of emergency, and not long after was overrun by the raiders.

After successfully attacking the town, they didn't engage in mass killing but just raided and stole stuff. This was planned by the system to give the lords who failed a chance to fight back and survive.

Strictly speaking, Durava's planning was acceptable, and he didn't make any major mistakes. Unfortunately, he couldn't beat their trickery, and as such faced defeat.

This failure meant that Bengalore Town needed at least half a month to regain their strength.

After two successive failures, it rang the alarm bells of all the players. No territory would apply without any preparation and just hope to pass.

Hearing that Bengalore Town had failed, Di Chen had a bad premonition that his Handan Town, which was worse defensively than Bengalore Town, didn't have a chance of succeeding. Di Chen regretted his act of defiance and show of pride. Unfortunately, when you released the bow, you couldn't collect back the arrow.

Di Chen could only lead his Handan Town and hope for the best.

After Bengalore Town failed, everyone's eyes turned to the American region's Free Town. Jack Dawson was very confident and bragged that he wouldn't make the same mistakes and take the honor of the world's first city.

To show his confidence, he proclaimed that he would arrange professionals to live stream his defense on the forums for everyone to watch.

Ouyang Shuo smiled. That American really was confident. He respected his confidence. As a lord, one should have such pride.

It seemed like there would be a good show to see tomorrow. Jack being so confident must mean that he had a secret weapon. That American wasn't a stupid fool.