Chapter 129: Battle of Zhuolu (Part 3)

Like they say, there will always be some people who are happy and some that are sad.

After Ouyang Shuo was chosen as the representative of the Yellow Emperor camp, it was an incredible benefit for Shanhai Alliance. On the other hand, the Handan Alliance which had Di Chen at the helm, the difference in feeling and mood was like night and day. The two alliances who were originally around the same strength had instantly been swung in Ouyang Shuo's favour.

At the registration point, a few of the players upon seeing Feng Qiuhuang join Shanhai Alliance's camp, had tried to contact Ouyang Shuo in hopes that they could join too.

The moment the battle notification was released, those lords that had not dispersed became more anxious. They did not care or bother about whether Ouyang Shuo would agree or not and brought their forces and tailed behind Ouyang Shuo's.

As for these players, Ouyang Shuo did not want to reject them outright. To win this battle, only relying on the strength of the Shanhai Alliance was impossible. If he could unite all the players in the camp to his side, it would undoubtedly increase their chances of winning.

Definitely, things would not possibly go as smoothly as he thought. Firstly, with Di Chen leading the Handan Alliance, they would definitely reject cooperating with Ouyang Shuo. Additionally, apart from running his own territory, the Handan Alliance had tried to infiltrate other territories. Thus in the Yellow Emperor camp, there will be some supporters or people who would ally with him for benefits and won't easily join Ouyang Shuo's side.

Secondly, in normal circumstances, lord game mode players are usually more arrogant. Most of them were the inheritors or children of the large families and powers and have become used to ruling over others, making it hard for them to follow another person; if not, they were the top class adventure game mode players who had already reached the peak in that game mode and thus decided to change to lord game mode. Thus they also had no reason or desire to go under and listen to another player.

Hence, for all the players in the camp to unite was a near impossible thing. Ouyang Shuo also did not hold such hopes and in his plan, as long as he was able to make a 5000 men force, then it would have counted as a success.

So, as for the players who proactively showed good intentions, Ouyang Shuo did not reject them. Of course, without understanding their true intentions, he also won't accept them into his camp.

He indicated that after finding a suitable location to build a camp and after settling down, he will then talk about cooperation. With that, a group of players waltzed out of Yellow Emperor city. Such a wild sight was something the players were seeing for the first time as they looked on in awe.

Now was the summer season, the most vibrant and energetic season of the year. Looking at the vast and endless plains, wild grass grew and trees took root. The nameless wild grass grew until it could cover a grown man's knees. As the summer breeze blew across, within the tall grasses, hundreds of beast roars could be heard, seeming really dangerous.

Seeing this kind of spectacle, Ouyang Shuo naturally would not dare to go too far.

He ordered Lin Yi to lead a cavalry squadron along with the spies from the Military Intelligence Division and look for a suitable camping spot near the Yellow Emperor city.

In ancient wars and battles, the place where a camp is set up was done with a lot of knowledge and research and it couldn't be done carelessly. <Sunzi's Art of War> stated that any army would look for the highlands and avoid low areas, look for places with a lot of sunlight and avoid dark and damp areas. They would go for places with water and trees so as to be able to get supplies and if their soldiers are healthy and don't fall ill, they would win all wars.