Chapter 167: Weapon Specialist

In the afternoon, Ouyang Shuo took the time to make a trip.

He wanted to visit a person that was super important for the future development of his territory.

He took a trip to an old neighbourhood in Jiao State suburbs. This kind of neighbourhood was considered a forgotten area, similar to the shantytowns 200 years ago.

Because of the massive drop in population and also the excellent welfare packages, this old neighbourhood was like a ghost town. Those who lived here were usually those who couldn't mix well into society.

When he got out of the car, he followed the memory in his last life and walked the streets of the neighborhood. On each side were old shops that were dilapidated and long closed.

When he saw a weird advertisement sign, he was sure that the guy from the last life didn't lie. Ouyang Shuo walked into another alley and onto the muddy and dirty surface. Both sides had high walls and on them were creepers and other vegetation.

After walking 500 meters in the alley, he finally saw a similar advertisement sign that was hung slanted on a building.

The advertisement board was made of an iron sheet, and rust spots were all around it. A bullet was spray-painted on it. If people didn't pay attention they wouldn't recognize it. Such a bullet had stopped production 50 years ago, and it meant that weapons using gunpowder had left the stage of history and was replaced by higher quality and stronger weapons like lasers.

Seeing that advertisement board, it was like Ouyang Shuo entered a trance.

If nothing went wrong, living inside would be, apart from his few brothers and sisters, one of his best friends in-game.

He was called Liumo, a very basic name, and his in-game ID was Zidan Chutang. This was a guy who couldn't fit into this era, engrossed in the weapons that had already been left in history. From hobby to passion, he nearly went too far.

To analyze and study thermal weapons, he left home, broke up with his girlfriend and lived in the old neighborhood.

He stayed for 10 years and only stepped out of that little house when the galactic migration occurred.

At that time, his girlfriend had already married and given birth. Liumo who was disheartened and lazy, roamed around the game and did nothing. His talent was hard to use in the game.

Ouyang Shuo met Liumo by chance during a meeting. It was a coincidence, and both of them were similar to one another, so naturally they became friends.

During their casual conversation, he talked about this experience in his life that left a deep impression in Ouyang Shuo.

That was right. Ouyang Shuo had specially come to find him was to get to know this best friend again, and also to invite him to his territory to study thermal weapons.

In the later stages of the game, guns and cannons were the main weapons in the war. After history entered the Ming Dynasty, warships had to have cannons to be able to rule the oceans.

The system had strict restrictions on the technology tree, and it was difficult for players to break out of the restrictions of their country.

Europe and America, the countries that relied on the industrial revolution, the birth of guns were a standard part of their technological tree. Like in the Free Town defence, the arquebus had already come into play.

However in China, although there were already guns during the Ming Dynasty, because of the restrictions on them during the Qing Dynasty, they weren't developed and instead there was a drop in technology.