Chapter 190: Medical Department

7th month 2nd day, 3 PM

Dr. Song walked into the lord's manor, feeling a lot of emotion.

He could be considered one of the old generation of Shanhai County, coming here on the second day of the village. He was also the first advanced talent in Shanhai Village, even the Financial Director Cui Yingyu was under his care before.

After the thing with the apprentice, Dr. Song placed down his self esteem and stayed in the hospital to take care of patients and also take care of apprentices. In half a year, he produced 50 apprentices of Shanhai County, 20 basic doctors, and 5 intermediate doctors.

When he just came to Shanhai Village, he was a valuable person. However today, as the territory continued to upgrade, the Lord's manor became more and more strict and not everyone could enter.

Last time when Ouyang Shuo had business with him, he would go personally to the hospital. Today, even if Ouyang Shuo sent someone to the hospital to invite him, it would be a huge honor.

In just half a year, Dr. Song had a feeling of being a nobody.

Seeing Dr. Song enter, the clerk Bai Nanpu stood up and smiled. "Elder Song, Sire is waiting for you in the guest room, please follow me."

Before he even walked into the guest room, he heard sounds of talking and laughter spread out from within.

He had a face filled with doubt and asked, "Mr Bai, does sire have any guests?"

Bai Nanpu smiled slightly. That's right, the one in the guestroom is a famous doctor that came yesterday, Elder Qian. Dont worry Old Song, Sire asked you here today for a good matter."

Dr. Song nodded and didn't say anything.

Walking into the guest room, sire was seated on the main seat, and below him was a white-haired old man, both of them in deep conversation.

"Sire, Elder Song is here." Bai Nanpu reminded.

Ouyang Shuo turned around and upon seeing Dr. Song, he laughed. "Elder Song, please sit."

Dr. Song sat down at the other side on the lower level.

Ouyang Shuo naturally wasn't as emotional as Dr. Song and said directly, "Elder Song, let me introduce to you, this is a doctor I've invited here, Elder Qian."

Elder Qian was one of the 30 professionals, and in reality he was a top-grade surgeon.

Before Elder Song arrived, Ouyang Shuo had asked Elder Qian to teach him the difference between Chinese and Western medicine.

Based on his introduction, Chinese medicine focused on preventing illnesses from happening. Western medicine emphasised curing the illness by immunization, diagnosis, operations and saving. Both of them improved each other and could co-exist but it was hard to integrate them.

Elder Qian was being honest that he had looked up to Chinese medicine for a long time and upon hearing Shanhai County had an Advanced doctor, he was excited. Hence upon hearing that Ouyang Shuo was willing to build a Medical Department, he automatically gave up the lead and wanted to be the deputy director.

In truth, to Ouyang Shuo, Elder Qian was of greater use. This was because he could develop military medics and send them to each unit to lessen the number of casualties.

After a simple introduction,Ouyang Shuo said, "A long time ago, I talked to you about a Medical Department. Now the time is right and i announce that Elder Song will be the director of the department while Elder Qian will be the deputy director. The Medical Department has a official background but doesn't have any administrative or political powers. It mainly focuses on developing doctors and military medics while also saving lives and curing patients. The Construction Division will build a department building for the Medical Department in the residential area, the territory medicine government could help to provide medical resources to the Medical Department."