Chapter 161: Chenghuang Temple

Ouyang Shuo returned to the lord's manor.

When he passed the clerk's office and saw Bai Nanpu who was arranging some documents, he suddenly remembered something and said, "Nanpu, about the administrative meeting this month, let's set it on the 25th. Go inform each division to prepare. Since we just upgraded, ask all of them to prepare a specific report on the next stage of their work."

"Yes, sire!" Bai Nanpu jotted it down.

"Oh ya, and also please ask Director Tian to come to my office."

"Okay." Bai Nanpu nodded, turning around and exiting the office.

Ouyang Shuo walked into the guest room and picked up the teaware, personally brewing a pot of white tea.

When Tian Wenjing entered and saw Ouyang Shuo brewing the tea, he was astonished and rushed up to help. "This kind of tough job, how can I let sire do it?"

Ouyang Shuo waved him off and invited him to sit across him, smiling. "The way of the tea is brewed and profound. By occasionally doing it, one can wipe away one's annoyance." As he said it, he pushed the cup of tea in front of Tian Wenjing.

Tian Wenjing hurried and picked up the teacup, taking a few sips before putting it down.

After the greeting, Ouyang Shuo got straight to the point. "If I shift you away from the Material Reserves Department, I'm saying if, then whom out of the 3 secretaries and the deputy director do you think could become the director?"

Tian Wenjing froze, he originally thought that Ouyang Shuo had called him to discuss work and didn't expect him to drop such a bombshell, shifting him away from the Material Reserves Department for what cause?

For a moment, Tian Wenjing hesitated and didn't know how to reply.

Ouyang Shuo shook his head and smiled. "You don't need to worry about anything, just give me your objective comments."

Since Ouyang Shuo had put it like that, he had no choice but to answer. Tian Wenjing calmed himself down and went into deep thought, summarizing the 4 people one by one in his head.

The Deputy Director Yuan Shaoping was promoted because of the gold mine. His professionalism was undoubted but his administrative skills were hindered by his birth, and adding with Langshan mining field being so far from the main camp, Yuan Shaoping didn't have the chance to attend the Lianzhou College. Hence, he was lacking much. Furthermore, the current Langshan mining field needed this manager and he wouldn't be able to leave at the moment.

The Resource Division Secretary Du Xiaolan was the disciple of Finance Department director Cui Yingyu. Unfortunately, as she had spent too short a time by Yingyu's side, she didn't learn everything needed. Managing the Resource Division already pushed her to her limit and wanting to take a step up was even more difficult. Not anyone could become the second Cui Yingyu.

The secretary of the Transport Division Zheng Shanpao was similarly a country bumpkin. The jobs of the Transport Division was fairly simpler. After building the Jifeng valley horse stables, most of his efforts have been placed there. He wouldn't be able to remove himself all of the sudden, and also his ability was lacking, making it hard for him to take up such an appointment.

The one Tian Wenjing admired the most was the Saltpan Division Secretary Zhang Shen Zhui.

This young man had excelled during the year-end exams and have been intelligently utilized by Ouyang Shuo. After taking over the division, he used a short time to get in on track. The Northern Saltpans had undergone many expansions but no major mistakes and errors had occurred. This secretary could take much of the credit for it.