Ch 33: Issac

Ashley:

"Everyone settle down." I winced as my fathers loud voice filled the crowded room, the loud talking dying down to silence immediately.
I looked amongst the crowd, at the same confused expression that was plastered onto my own.
My father Chris stood behind the large wooden podium, his broad shoulders tense. As our Alpha we all looked at him for guidance.
My mother, Ash, Issac and I sat to the right and my fathers council on his left, which consisted of my grandfather, and the pack trainer Brent, and other men my father trusted with his life.
My mom had her hands clasped tightly on her lap, her lips thin with the worry of today's discussion.

"Just recently we have detected the scents of rogues near our territory lines." He said loudly, gaining the undivided attention from the pack. Gasps and low growls erupting from the crowd.
I watched as the males protectively wrapped their arms around their mates, trying to protect them from unknown threats.
Unconsciously my fathers hand reached out to lay a hand on my moms shoulder, his stance relaxing immediately.
Damian stood towards the front of the stage, a deep frown on his face while his fists were balled at his side. His brilliant blue eyes collided with mine, a reassuring smile on his face. But he didn't fool me, I could read him like an open book. He was worried about me.
My hand itched to cling onto Damian's arm for reassurance, to have his arms wrapped around me and his voice whispering in my ear that everything would be fine.

Rouges were not something to take lightly. Most were very dangerous, leaving their pack to become lone wolves. They craved power and didn't tolerate people telling them what to do-hence, why they left their pack. Some where banished and others were born into it.
It was rare occasions when the Alpha allowed some rouges to enter the pack, finding something worth saving in them.
"We don't know just how serious this situation is at the moment," my eyes returned to my fathers imposing form, worried expressions contouring the faces of the pack members "but just for precautions I'd like to start a buddy system. No one goes anywhere alone."
"Yes Alpha." they replied some nodding there heads in affirmation.
"If I may Alpha" He nodded at Dante who was to my right, his stance defensive around me and Peyton. He was on high alert, his muscles coiled up in stress. "I would like to up our training as well. I've noticed that most of our warriors haven't exactly been training as they should be."

"Of course we can't forget the young children and women." The pack trainer, and council member, Brent added. He was blonde haired with brown eyes with tattoos that ran all up his arms. He was scary in appearance but he was really a gentle giant.
"Agreed then." My father spoke loudly "As of this Friday afternoon we start training."
There were a few groans from the younger members of my pack. I rolled my eyes at them, didn't they see how serious this was?
"I understand that some of you have after school activities so therefore Saturday will be full body workouts. Sunday will be your relaxing day." I winced as my father used his Alpha voice. I understood the stress he was under due to the circumstances.

"We haven't had any major rogue problems in eighteen years." He continued seriously "We do not know the magnitude of this problem as of now, but we aren't to take this lightly."
There were affirmative nods before he dismissed everyone.
Without a word we got up and followed him to his office.
"Damian." My father nodded him over. The glares aimed towards him from Ashton didn't go unnoticed.
I watched as he sat down heavily behind his desk, watching as we all filed in.
Mom stood to his left, her hand on his shoulder. His wolf was too uneasy, so instead he ended up settling mom onto his lap wrapping his arms around her protectively. His stance relaxed immediately.
Damian was the last to enter, a hesitant look upon his face.
He finally closed the door behind him.
Immediately questions were thrown at my father, one after another.
"Hold your horses." He said loudly, a throb starting behind my temple at how loud it was getting.

"Dad we need to increase our patrols." Ashton, growled "We can't let them enter our territory."
"I know you're worried about your mates." He looked around the room, worried expressions upon everyones faces. "About your families. So therefore for the next few weeks we will increase patrols. This isn't to be taken lightly, we haven't had any major rouge problems in eighteen years."
His blue eyes strayed to my beautiful mother, her posture rigid.
"Any rogue spotted on our lands will not be killed " my eyes widened in shock.
Dads eyes narrowed as loud protests erupted.
"But Uncle Chris, that's a big risk letting them remain with life!" Lance spat in disbelief beside me.

"I understand that you're worried, but we need to know why exactly they're coming around." Sam, laid a gentle hand on my father's cheek her big grey eyes staring into his for a few minutes.
I didn't question my fathers motives, I know he would do anything to protect his family and pack.
"So we interrogate them." My eyes snapped to Damian as he spoke up.
"We?" Ash laughed humorlessly, a scowl on his features "You have no part in this, frankly I'm surprised my father even allowed you in here. You're nothing but a nuisance on our territory."
I saw Damian go rigid, his fists balled at his side.
"Ashton Wolfe!" I winced as my mom snapped disapproving at my brother "That was rude and unnecessary. That is no way to talk to a guest on our land!"

"But mom..."
"Don't 'but mom' me!" I had to cover my laugh with a cough, but Ash sent a seething look my way. "We have bigger things to worry about than your obvious dislike of Damian."
Her eyes strayed to everyone in the room "We increase patrols, Lance, Damian, Ash since you have school your schedules will be in the night. Dante and Brett, you are one of our strongest warriors so I am positive in the next few weeks our pack will become better and stronger."
I couldn't help the proud smile that spread across my face. My mother was an incredible Alpha female and I was proud to call her her mom.
"Yes Luna." The boys murmured in unison.

"Alpha, Don and Elizabeth are back." Tucker, a warrior on patrol mind linked.
"Thank you Tucker."
"Your father and mother are back, Lance." I informed him.
A huge smile lit his face before he ran out of the room. Normally, my father would have been mad but under the circumstances he understood. Don and Elizabeth have been gone for the past few months, first settling some business with a deceased family member before taking off time to celebrate their eighteenth anniversary.
"I'll keep you all informed of any further activity, but for now you're all dismissed." We all started to shuffle out. My little brother Issac crawled onto my moms lap, lapping contently on a lollipop.
"Ash, Damian a minute." Dad called out causing us to stop in his tracks.
I saw Damian's shoulders tense up before he grudgingly slumped in a nearby chair.
I sent him a sympathetic look before feeling from the room.

Damian:

"Yes, dad?" Ash sighed, a frown on his features.
"What's your problem with Damian ?" Chris asked, his narrowed eyes demanding an answer.
Silence followed his question.
Its not like I could tell him the real reason why Ash so very disliked my guts.
A deep scowl marred Ash's face, his obvious dislike of me evident.
"We can't have any problems amongst you, so tell me if anything I should know has happened?" Chris asked again after he received no answer.
"Nothing major has happened dad, I just don't like him." Ash finally huffed, his arms crossed over his chest.
"Well why exactly don't you like him honey ?" The luna asked, her eyebrows furrowed.
It was so unreal how alike Ashley was to her mother in appearance.
Ash opened his mouth to reply before Isaacs little voice cut in.
"Because he's Ashley's mate, daddy."
His innocent grey eyes stared up at me, my breath hitching in my throat.
I felt like I'd been punched in the gut, my breath knocked out of me.
My eyes turned to Ash, whose eyes were widened in shock.
Oh shit....

Sorry its not very long, buy I hope you still enjoyed it.
I'm already like on chapter 33 and yet there's still no major drama, I need to speed things up some ! But I hope you enjoyed :)!
I just felt like updating because my sons now seven months old !! :)