Ch 63: Proposal

Authors Note:

I apologize for the delay, I've had writers block. I didn't even realize it had almost been a month since I had uploaded, so again I'm sorry. Next update will be in a few days tops. Story will come to an end soon. This chapter doesn't have much excitement but the next will.☺️☺️
- Allie

Ashley: 

"Really I'm fine, you don't need to hover." I gave Damian a reassuring smile, but he still looked unconvinced.
  It was the morning after I was unable to shift back. Apparently immediately after I had fainted Damian had called for the pack doctor, thus began a hectic afternoon. My mom, dad and the group had been holed up in my house for hours waiting for me to wake up. With much reassurance from Amy, the pack doctor, Damian was able to finally get them out. I had been out until this morning, disoriented and confused until Damian had explained everything that had happened.
    He hadn't left my side ever since, his hair was disheveled and his clothes looked like he had slept in them.
I looked up when there was a knock on the door.
"Come in." Damian hollered as I watched every one pile in. My small room quickly became crowded.
   "How are you feeling, honey ?" My mom sat down beside me, caressing my hair a frown on her face. Madison who was in her arms, immediately reached for me " I brought someone to visit "
   "I feel fine, mother."I replied cuddling Madison to my chest, how I had missed my baby "Hey baby girl, not giving your grandma too much trouble I hope ?"
   "Of course not, she's an angel." My mother cooed as Maddy walked back into her arms.
"What did Amy say ?" I heard my dad ask Damian, as he flanked my other side, Micah in his arms. I cuddled him up to my chest, but he soon became antsy and ran over to Issac who began to play with him immediately.
  "She said that Ashley was just dehydrated and needed her rest." Damian's response caught my attention as my dads lips thinned in worry.
  "I'm okay." I tried to reassure them.

     "You scared us half to death. Are you sure you feel fine ?" Dante asked, his voice laced with concern. He kept pacing back and forth, a deep scowl on his face.
   It warmed my heart to see how much everyone seemed to care for me.
"I really feel fine-"
And that's how the next half an hour went, with reassurances from me.
Everyone was on edge, I could see it in there faces.
    "We'll let you rest sweetheart.." My dad said almost an hour later, kissing me on the forehead.
"Thanks for coming to check on me, dad, mom ." I smiled gratefully.
  "Of, course. You're my little girl." He  smiled tenderly before heading for the door with Micah in his arms, and mo following close behind , my parents had graciously offered to baby sit while I recuperated "Damian a word please."
   Damian nodded before giving me a smile before walking out
I tried to listen but they to were out of earshot.
I could feel eyes watching me like a hawk.

   "Your staring is making me nervous." I laughed but there faces remained concerned "I'm fine, you don't need to worry."
   "Of course we're going to worry-" Ash ran a hand through his wavy hair, his voice cracking with emotions "Ashley, we know about the curse."
All the breath left my body.
How did they know ? Only my parents, me and D-
"Damian told you didn't he ?" I sighed, not knowing whether or not I should be angry or not.
   They nodded.
"Why didn't you tell us right away ?" Ashton asked, his eyes glossy as he came to take moms spot "You're my twin, didn't you trust me ? Trust us ?"
    "Of course I do." I interwhined our fingers giving him a reassuring squeeze. He held on as if I were going to disappear and my heart ached "I just didn't want to worry you guys."
   "We're your friends, it's our job to worry. To be here for you." Raven frowned.
"I'm your goddess blessed warrior and this is one thing I can't protect you from. Do you know how hard it's been to see you getting sicker and not being able to help you ?" Dante , sat down heavily beside me.
     "I can't imagine." I whispered, guilt clawing at me "I'm sorry I kept this from you all. I just didn't want you guys to worry."
    After some making up, soon after everyone was off, promising to come check up on me later.