Chapter 20: Heading Back

Damian:

Outside I was as unemotional as possible, but inside I was dying of jealousy.

My wolf was going crazy as I saw Ashley and Dante walking off together, to who knows where.
"See what you've caused!" Ian growled furiously.

"What ? What did I do now ?" I barked back, annoyed of all his nagging.
"If you hadn't rejected our mate then this wouldn't be happening!"

I could feel Ian pacing back and forth, trying to stay under control.
"Like Alpha Tyler said, this is what the moon goddess wanted. Nothing we could have done to prevent it either way, it's fate !"

Ian growled loudly.
"You just don't understand. Did you not hear the warrior pledge? If Ashley wants it, he can become her mate!"

Pain filled me, so intense it almost engulfed me.

I couldn't stand thinking of Ashley with someone else. Just seeing her with Lance at the cabin had almost been my undoing. Now she would have this guy following her around like a lost puppy! It was bad enough that Lance was in love with her, and now there's two guys now. I couldn't catch a break.
"She wouldn't do that." My voice came out weak, unsure.
"Are you so sure about that ?" Ian snarled "look at what happened with Lance. Who knows what will happen with this prick."
"Shut up! Just shut up !"

I closed off the link pissed off.

As much as it hurt, I knew it was the truth.

I had no idea what would happen.

A little part of me wanted her to find a second chance mate, so I could atleast know that she was finally happy with the mate she deserved.

The other half wanted her to never find someone else, that I would always be on her mind.

Selfish bastard, I muttered to myself.

As usual I had to remind myself that it was better keeping my distance from Ashley, although all I wanted to do was mark her as mine so no one would dare lay their hands on her.

My mate, my beautiful mate.

How I craved to hold her in my arms and to make sweet passionate love to her.

But that would never happen.

So for the next seven months I would act like an unemotional asshole and steer clear of Ashley.

Or I would atleast try.

Try being the word.

As much as I kept reminding myself to act like an asshole, I had to admit it wasn't even an act.

I wanted to hurt her.

Not only so she could become uninterested in me, but because of what she had done with Lance.

I couldn't forget what happened, the image of them together was burned into my mind.

I wanted to hurt her for doing that when not even a few days later I had my hands all over her beautiful body.

My hands were the only ones that belonged on her, not Lance and definitely not Aaron or this new douche.

A little part of me wanted to so badly confront her about that, but I knew that would just blow my cover.

Ashley had to keep thinking that I just wanted to keep fooling around, that I didn't want anything to do with her.

And that's how I would continue to do it.