Chapter 4

Cale sip his sweet tea, he's clearly in a good mood today, He feels so happy and satisfied and no one could ruin his day.

He looks at his father and lady violan in the front of the table. Then at the little basen near them.

Ah. They're alive, and well

He can't be happier than this.

If Ron is here he would notice his young master's good mood, But sadly the old butler is not here.

Only the four of them. having tea in the garden. where is Deruth gonna explain to Cale about the marriage... But somehow looking at his son's cold expression, Deruth can't even open his mouth.

He's so tense and seems breathing and looking around at everything other than those brown-red eyes is the only thing he could do...

Cale eyes now remind him of Jour's in that bed...

Jour's eyes as she took her last breath, jour's eyes while calling for Cale...

A hand removes him from his depressing thoughts, deruth looks at Violan and sighs in relief.

He's glad violan is here...

The air is tense. All of them are watching the redhead's mood in their peripheral while making sure they won't do any mistakes.

Cale missed this feeling...

After a decade of being a soldier, all the things he hated in the past become his precious memory with his family.

He knows what they want to discuss with him, but Cale wants his father to say it himself to lessen his nervousness around him.

So he chooses to be oblivious and wait until the man earns tons of courage before he talks.

He wants to stay here for a while.

He wants to make sure they're alive and he's not dreaming anymore...

He wants to accompany them.. unlike last life where he just push them away...

.

Hours pass by...

Cale sighed and take down the teacup.

Deruth flinches and Violan look at him with little tense eyes.

And Basen... The little cute basen tried to hide more in his mother's long dress.

"Apologies for my sudden behavior. But father, are you going to say something? An announcement perhaps?" He started, he want to stay here for a few more minutes, but not with his father looking like he would choke. any minute soon, just to say a word.

"Ah? -yes I- actually... Ahem. I and lady violan decide to get married the next month... I. I--"

"Hoh? Congratulations father, I'm happy to hear that. Did you already start planning it? Do you want me to help? " deruth looks at his son's straight face and contemplates if Cale is angry or not...

But he can't read his own son's face.

Deruth felt Violan tense but remained composted in her seat, he wish he could be composted like that too...

"Apologies but it's time for my class, father. Lady Violan, basen I'm gonna leave first"

Cale said and leave the garden, deruth stomach felt ugly than before...

He can't even reply to his son's questions for him... Just what kind of father-

"Young master Cale is such a mature child don't you think?" Violan mentioned it was not a compliment since she was giving him that glaring eyes.