Chapter 17

--

ah yes the blooming romance 

---

Cale's almost done with his paper works when Roksoo returned from their tour... alone.

Cale arch a brow and look behind him, Roksoo who notice this just shrugged his shoulders 

"They're still on tour, I got tired so I immediately go inside" Roksoo explained while he move next to Cale "soOoo are you done yet?"

Cale just look at him for a second then go back to the paperwork "It's a no then?" Roksoo chuckles and sits In front of Cales table

"I got the Vitality of the heart." Roksoo casually said, looking at Cale's face as if he want to capture every reaction the redhead would make, and seeing Cale usual face make him confirm that a certain god had already beat him to the news. "Sparing Taylor stan less work."

Cale is surprised not just the way roksoo wants it to be. yeah, they're helping each other but their connection isn't that deep to make roksoo report this information. and his face being stoic every day makes him harder to read like others... like Roksoo's face...

"Oh? Are you planning to help the eldest stan?" Cale asks, dropping his pen to give all his attention to the raven-haired who's eyes are already focused on him.

"Well, I know someone who has the ancient power to heal his legs" now cale is intrigued about this man's plan.

"What are you planning Kim Roksoo?"

Roksoo makes himself comfortable in his seat, not breaking eye contact with the redhead. "Making the future Marquis on our side. then have a connection to the first prince through him" Roksoo explains. he likes to plan things with people that have a big part in his plan, Roksoo examines the redhead and smiled 

"Stop that." ah. Roksoo was met with a glare so he immediately look at the other side of the room. angering the redhead is not part of his plan Afterall

"The stan is already backing up the second prince, the nobles talk about it. it's not clear yet but the Marquis of stan ignoring the first prince is already a great sign." 

"That's the old marquis, we're making a new Marquis young master. and helping Taylor stan get his crippled legs back to full health is a great help in the future." 

"Okay. then what about the first prince? I'm sure that the person who has that ancient power is him. and I know  that he's just as cunning as you. so please kindly inform me what kind of tricks would you do to make him agree to this?" Cale sighed and began to massage his forehead. sadly he can't call Ron because he will startle this scaredy cat.

"Cale the first prince isn't favored by the king- the nobles didn't like him because of his birth mother, the only thing that keeps his crowned prince title is because the people in the roan kingdom like him. So giving him some support from the future marquis is like giving him an opportunity on a silver platter." Roksoo said while imagining his finger gently massaging the frown away from the redhead's face

His hands flinch 

Roksoo needs to reflect on this thought later.

"Okay, your plan is clear. what do we need to do first?"

And with that, Roksoo gave the redhead his biggest -not scammer- smile, it earned him a vicious glare from the redhead and a three knock on the table. he thought it was a  warning but then- 

Ah... 

Ron immediately opens the door and gets inside Cales office like he's been there all this time, waiting for his dear young master's call. Roksoo shivers in fear. he won't piss the redhead again... ever! 

"Roksoo-nim, Cale, everyone. thankyou for all your help! I will make sure to finish this mission immediately to meet all of you in the capital" and help Roksoo-nim with the wedding planning-NO! he needs to help him court young master Cale first! But- how can he help if he's far away from them? what if something happened and they broke up?! no way! he needs to finish this mission fast to help Roksoo-nim! 

Choi Han nods at himself viciously and thumbs up at Roksoo- he needs to cheer him up 

' Roksoo-nim please wait until I came back before you get married! you can do it!!' that's what his mind said while Roksoo who was behind Cale just nod his head. confused at what Choi Han is fusing about.

"Choi-han" Cale said and hand him a bag of silver and gold coins and healing potions. Roksoo is definitely not jealous of how many gold coins there are. he just bit his finger to prevent him from snatching it.

"Cale.." Choi Han's eyes shined brightly and hug the redhead "ill be quick in my journey!  I promise ill be your best wingman!" he said and nodded at Roksoo before walking back, still waving at the kittens.

Cale just give Choi Han a confused look before waving back "Be safe!" he said making Choi Han nod in happiness.

 Wingman...huh?

Cale dismisses the thought and walks back to the inn. with Roksoo sticking to him and Ron not far away to his back smiling benignly again.

Sigh... he needs to talk to the kids. Cale thought and look at the kittens happily waving back still at Choi Han.  mother how many minutes it will take to stop their goodbyes. Cale shakes his head 

"Are you a maiden? let go of my suit." what made it go wrong? God of death said this favorite child of his is the one that would save their world.. how can he fight that shit star if he's already shaking at Ron?!

"You must guide him cale. protect him too >''<"

"I won't let go until I know I'm safe."

"Look he already feels safe in your presence"

"don't you have paperwork left? ill help you finish that"

"Aw look he's helping you with your work, what a good child I have"

"....let's go finish what we were doing in your office a while ago now young master"

"........"

Cale stopped in his tracks, Ron's smile twitched and Hans look at Cale and Roksoo with wide eyes like he sees something scandalous, the kittens already covering their ears to not pollute their minds.

"I- ah- I mean let's finish your paperwork that- that is in the office!" Roksoo said defending himself with wide eyes, wha-what did he just blurt out?! Ron's eyes are getting darker, is he going to die?!

"I can't defend you anymore son." 

"let's just go." cale said breaking the tense atmosphere while holding back the urge to just scream at this father and son, Roksoo run after him.