Chapter 5

A year later Lily is born.

Cale is busy after the couple's wedding because the God in his head is always pestering him about the books and such that he needs to learn.

He sometimes refuses to eat morning breakfast since he's getting late in his morning classes

Basen is still a child to be preparing to be the heir,

So Cale would take the position until basen is ready to be one.

This schedule of his causes some misunderstandings in the count's mansion.

The maids thought, that the first young master doesn't like to see the count and the new family, and being heartless as he originally is.

It's not that shocking, ever since the late countess's death the little young master already change his name from a hyper, kind, and mischievous child to a heartless scary child that they won't dare provoke.

So rumors circulated throughout the whole county about how their first young master is a cold emotionless scary little demon.

But basen refuses to acknowledge such rumors!!

his... His hyung is not scary!

Basen still felt the gentle hands in his eyes that wedding day, his mother said later that day that his hyung protect his eyes when they did a kiss, which he was still not allowed to see.

His hyung protects him and Pat his head!

His hying's hand is gentle and warm! Like his mom's!

But basen can't shout that since he knows he's not a real henituse... But... But Cale is his hyung.... Right? His mom and new father said it. so, it must be true. Right?

.

When baby Lily is born Cale finishes all his work all day just so he could spend more time with the little girl.

He wishes to see the little girl that tries to protect people when she's supposed to be protected as well.

That stubborn little kid.

He doesn't have lady violan's Prim and proper motto and his father's cowardice... Thank god.

He wonders where that kid got that stubbornness from...

So after hours of focus work, Cale is finally free!! He walks out of his office looking at the maids who bow to him,

Paying them no mind Cale walked straight to his little sister's room..... Which is on the other side of the mansion.

Cale knocked at the door, before opening it. And see lady violan, his father, and basen, looking at the little bundle in lady violan's hands

"C-cale" his father weakly calls for him which he returns with a nod of acknowledgment.

He walks to his stepmother's side and looks at the little lily.

"Ahem- umm, son... We have a favor to ask"

Shocking father ask for a favor? Is the world gonna end--- yea for the next ten years. How could he forget?

"Hmm?" He said tearing his eyes away from the cute child to look at his kinda tense but not as tense as before father.

Then a hand hold his, Cale looked at the still weak countess but still elegant, and watch as she places his hand in the bundle of joy in front of him

"We want you to name her," she said her eyes filled with expectation...

Cale looks at his father who nods weakly almost shy.

"Really?" He asked and they give him a nod in a response

"Then... Lily... Her name is Lily" he said with a faint smile

Violan and basen see Cale smile for the first time and can't help their lips to form a smile too

Hyung look more beautiful if he smiles, basen thought, and look at Cale

While deruth holds the recording device, he captures Lily's first day in the world and his son lost smile today... He almost shed tears... He didn't know that he missed his son's smile.

The smile his son always wears everywhere he goes... Always lightning up the stressful days of him when he got too much work.

His son smiles... And jours.

Deruth shakes his head and smile bitterly, he tries to test his luck by patting his firstborn son's head, he misses times like this.

This recording device would be in the safest storage in his treasury.

.

"Beacrox-hyung, can you make a sweet cupcake for basen... I appreciate it if you make more than usual. " sorry basen but Beacrox-hyung won't make me a sweet cupcake if I didn't have a valid reason "he's kinda down today because of his studies..."

Beacrox looks at his lying young master with the same blank face as his.

They just stare at each other for solid minutes until beacrox sigh and start to prepare the ingredients

He doesn't miss the slight light flashing in his young master's eyes as he starts moving into the kitchen.

And if someone asks about why the cupcake is so sweet, beacrox would just kill the one who asks.

The young master Cale changed when the late countess died

When beacrox and his father got here with the help of the late countess beacrox was just a child back then, and he only need to clean small places like the young master's room and sometimes the late countless make him look for the young master when she does something for a while.

So he would stand up near the little young master while watching him

Not because he's cute. it's because he needs to make sure he's out of danger... it's not because the little redhead has chubby cheeks and it's so cute okay?

When the little kid learn to walk he become a menace and would always run on his side when he finish rolling in the ground outside.

He hates unclean all above anything. So he makes sure the little redhead is clean head to toe before he could enter his room that he just finished cleaning.

When the kid is seven and beacrox start to help in the kitchen the kid would just barge in without a care in the world and demand him to play with him over and over until his ears are all exhausted.

But now changes come and the young little redhead barely comes in the kitchen to demand him to play

His father said the eight-year-old child is doing the count's paperwork...

A child doing paperwork? Beacrox almost thought his father is joking with him, but seeing his father sharpening his dagger with more force than usual beacrox believe it

He makes more sweet cakes for the boy without him knowing.

And seeing the boy again whose eyes looks so empty and mature, beacrox just stood there in the kitchen... Thinking, how this happened?

For a short time? Is this how maturity comes to kids nowadays? Is that how he is when his mother died?

Beacrox won't ask that to his father of cours...

How could the overly bright kid he watched over for 7 years look so dead now for just a year without his mother?

He won't even step inside the kitchen, only staying outside, saying his request

"A sweet cake and tea please?"

Is his voice always this cold?

And because of that beacrox make Cale a lemon cake and tells his father about Cale's 'very sweet tea' request

In the end, cale suffered in his five minutes break.

.

(I don't know what I eat that I suddenly have the energy to write this many chapters for a new story, not the old one but nahh)