chapter twenty four

"What's that one thing that makes us one? Is it the time that's keeps on moving like a clockwork berry or the space that keeps us apart? Is it he, the moon and the moonlight on your face that looks like a melody? Is it you? Is it the way you shine like the sun and leave your warmth on my body and lips? I want to meet you upon the ground of Lallybroch, so that you can whisper to me the secrets of Scotland and the lovers that have been on the giant castle of fortunes. I want you to sing to me things that I have never heard before, so that I can feel that I have known you since the very first breath I took. I want to drink the wine of the fire of your heart and the poison from your lips. I want to be your bone and your skin, your beauty and your tin. "

Neil's POV

I stand and admire her beauty while her nose is, as usual, into her books.
She suddenly stands up and walks towards me.

"Do you want to sneak out tonight?"

She asks and I look at her, shocked.

"We are not allowed to...."

I smile.

"Like you have never done it before."

She smiles and I get thrilled, feeling the adrenaline rush in my veins.

"I do."

I reply to her question and she kisses my forehead.

"9pm at the lake."

She says and I stand up, leaving a soft kiss on her lips and walking towards my dorm.

Todd's POV

I see Neil leaving y/n's room.

I knock on the door and wait for her to open it.

As soon as she opens the door and sees my figure standing in front of her she closes it on my face.

Logic.

I quickly stop her with my hand and she rolls her eyes at me.

"What do you want? Again."

She says and looks at me, holding the door with her left hand.

"I want to clear things out."

"I do not."

"Y/n, please listen to me. For once?"

"For once? For once? Todd, look where we are now. Cna you tell me how we have gotten here?"

"I do. And I wish for us to get out of this, as soon as possible."

"Okay. What is it?"

She breathes out and closes the door behind me.

"Is it true? That you don't love me?"

"Todd, I can't keep telling you the same thing. It's tiring."

She answers and I look at the ceiling.

She walks towards me and looks me deep in my eyes.