Chapter 4: Can It Be Real

Zee

As Zee waited for the doctor, he was getting more irritated. P'Aof had not stopped yelling at him for not paying attention.

He loved his best friend but worried too much about him when so much was going on. He needed to figure out how to send him back without hurting his feelings.

Muttering at himself for not stopping the exercise before it got out of hand. P'Aof was in a funk about the whole incident.

"P'Aof, you need to calm down before you give yourself a heart attack. I am not dead. I am just hurt. The doctor should be here soon. I am already feeling better. If I hadn't checked in, I would say we could leave," Zee covered his face and groaned, knowing he messed up when he said that, and closed his eyes to wait for it.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN LEAVE? Don't you dare go anywhere! You sit there and wait for the doctor. Even if you feel better, I want you to see a doctor," P'Aof screamed at him.

P'Aof looked like he would blow up into a million pieces at any second. Zee had to get him thinking about something else.

Why don't you head back to the studio? There are recruits, and no decisions can be made unless one of us is there. That is unless Max found his other half," Zee sent a reassuring gaze his way.

Zee took a deep breath. P'Aof glared at Zee. Fine, but you better go home and rest immediately after seeing the doctor. I am worried about you first. You know this is a precarious time. We must stay diligent." Zee opened his eyes and gave him a small smile, "I know, I care about you too, and I will be fine. Just go take care of the business."

P'Aof stomped out of the room irritated, but Zee smiled to himself. He knew P'Aof would mutter to himself back to the studio. His driver will give Zee an ear full for his part in all of that.

He was glad that P'Aof had gone. He needed a moment of peace. He knew the man cared. His baby bear protection mode can frighten the faint of heart. DMD was his family, and he loved them, difficult or not.

Laying back in the chair, he wondered just how long the doctor would be and if he would need any downtime to heal.

He needed a break; he was tired and needed his other half. His shoulder felt much better after the nurse gave him something for the pain.

He dozed off after five minutes and did not hear Dr. NuNew come into the room.

                                                                       Dr. NuNew

As NuNew read the chart on the fake Zee Pruk Panich, he became more irritated as he moved down the hallway. His last day, and he gets someone who claims to be the love of his life.

When he walked into the room, he would yell at the person.

When NuNew looked up from the chart, he didn't realize the immediate visceral reaction he would have to Zee Pruk Panich's half-naked body in his office. It was him! His fanboy inside was screaming with glee.

His doctor's side reprimanded him, telling him he was a patient, not eye candy. He needed to keep his composure, do this job and be the doctor he was supposed to be.

But his fanboy won out in the end. He could barely contain himself. Staring at Zee's stunning physique was what wet dreams were made of. He appreciated that he was right before him, not at a distance.