Chapter 23: Is This The End?

Summary:

The aftermath of the disaster that Zeus created, and the worlds are in trouble.

When Zeus stormed into his private quarters, he saw servants running around, pulling things off shelves. Perplexed, Zeus noticed that the items they were taking were all Hera's treasured items.

She always insisted on keeping them in the study to hold to their memories as a god-bonded pair, husband and wife. He had no time to deal with her mood swings today.

Phanes had made a fool of him yet again. He wasn't even at the event, and he made him look like the bad guy. Zeus needed to find a way to destroy Phanes for good.

Everyone who watched today's drama thought him a fool. They were condemning him that he would give up the savior of the worlds for a mere trinket. His son! Everyone blamed him and said it was his problem, but they did not know Phanes like he did. He was dishonest and spiteful.

He wanted his throne, and they could not see it. Why did everyone believe in that stupid god? They were supposed to worship and follow him. He could not think even his wife took their side.

He would never give his prize to Phanes. He did not care if all the world ended. He would never do it willingly. This is his hill to die on. They would have to pry it from his cold, dead hand.

He would never believe that his son's children's and grandchildren's life was balanced over a firestick. It was all a trick, and he would ensure he showed everyone who and what Phane's was.

The commotion in the hallway was becoming louder. This is his house; he was the King of Olympus and could not get peace.

"Everyone stop what you are doing and be QUIET," yelled Zeus, the walls shaking and plaster hitting the floor.

Everyone froze; maids and butlers carried trunks, and rolling luggage down the hallway was now like stone figures. Was Hera redecorating? Why was she worried about their home right now? His wife should be in his story, consoling him. He was aggrieved.

She came out of her room with more maids carrying her most cherished jewelry collection. When she turned to face the hallway, she saw all the servants frozen in place. It must be Zeus. All he ever does is cause issues.

"Release the servants! I am not staying one more minute with you in this house. I am tired of you putting your selfish needs above my children and myself. It is time you realize that the world does not revolve around you. I am in this world to stand beside you, but you never consider your family. It's all about you. Now, it can be all about you. I am moving out. I do not want to see you again. If I lose my grandchildren for your stupid folly, I swear here and now that I will do everything in my power to put you in the sleep of the dead for all eternity," Hera screamed at Zeus.

Zeus looked at Hera and wondered what he did wrong. His wife just threatened him to sleep for all eternity. How could she believe Phanes over him? His grandchildren do not need the scepter. It is just a trick for Phanes to take his prize. He would not allow it!

"Then you can leave. I will never give the scepter to him. He is a liar and cannot accept that I beat him. He won't allow his favorite grandson to suffer grievance and will fix it. You are all fools to believe him," Zeus's face turned red the more he talked.

Hera knew at that moment Zeus would never give way unless he saw Nu die with his own eyes, and it would be too late. If she loses Nu and they lose Nu, the world loses Zee, but worse, they will lose all the worlds.

Zeus could not believe that Hera was going to leave him over this. He knew that as soon as he could prove that Phanes was lying, he would have his family back. Zeus called his children, but each, in turn, refused to respond. They were all turning against him. He had to fix this fast.