Chapter 21: Settling Old Scores

Summary:

Ares and Nyx have found Phanes, and now the trouble begins. Phanes is angry at the two gods but, thankfully, has already visited the twins to instruct them on their first hurdle. Will Phanes help them? Will Zeus be able to give up something he had coveted for Millineas? While Zee and Nu celebrate their love and enjoy their private time together, they are sealed in their love bubble. They have no idea that Nu's father is sealing his fate for a grudge as old as time.

Phanes

"THE ALL-POWERFUL PHANES HAS ARRIVED! Bow down to my glory," preening, the old man gave his daughter and the God of War a side view of his fabulous self.

Nyx covered her face with her hands, her cheeks turning red, and looked around to see if anyone was watching her father make a fool of himself. She knew her father would do something like this, and now Ares would never let her live it down.

"You condemned my favorite grandson and his children to die. What say you, God of War and daughter mine? Explain yourself," Phanes glared at both as they cowered like two petulant children.

Both Nyx and Ares glared and kicked each other under the table. Neither wanted to be the one to answer for what they had done. Nyx believed that Ares should take the lead since it was his idea, and Ares thought that it was Nyx's father and that he would go easier on them if she did the talking.

Phanes watched in amused silence, waiting to see which foolish God would answer first. He already had visited his great-grandchildren in the first step in their impending birth. Nyx and Ares didn't need to know that.

After five minutes and neither would take the initiative, Phanes waved his hand, and the clothes of the two gods changed. Ares was now in Nyx's flowing black dress with a crop top and flowing skirt, and his daughter was sitting in a bundle of clothes that looked like she was waiting to do her husband's wash.

Phanes knew Ares was big, but seeing his clothes on his daughter, he realized what a giant the God of War was. It was a hilarious sight. Phanes pulled out his new iPhone 14 Pro that he picked up in the mortal realm last week. He snapped a quick pic and put it on his Instagram and Twitter.

He hoped that @MaaZNh88, @PixieStickNu, @awwwwan, @JVP0808, @FreeYatt, Live_n_Dream, Cutie_zonzon, @harmony2u4ever1, @AranyaAltar, and others would see the picture of Zee's father and laugh with him.

They would never know it was Zee's God Realm father, but what a kick it would be for them to comment. If anyone did not like his grandsons, they missed out on some beautiful stuff. The fans were fun, imaginative, drama-filled, snarky, and everything he thrived on all rolled into one.

Zee and Nu were gods of their industries. He was a Nananu and a Zunshine. Fandoms were his life. He scrolled through social media for any news on his grandsons.

Before the threads were created, he knew this was where they would be today. He had already named the fandom for his grandson's collaboration that would come someday. They would be known as ZonZon's. He had proclaimed it, and so shall it be.

They were mega-famous, as it should be. It was, of course, because of Phanes himself. They got all his best attributes. If he had been born a human, he would have become so famous that no one would have a job in the industry except him.

Fans would cry outside his house anytime they didn't get to see him. But that is the life his grandsons had to live and the trial they must face. He was just too fantastic to be mortal or famous.

After patting himself on the back for being unique and having talented grandchildren, he returned to the problem, the two Gods who needed to learn a lesson.