Chapter 18: Family

Summary:

Nu is finally safely at home. While Zee still is concerned about Ares there is more pressing issues. The twins ZeNu and NuZe were a problem that will need to solve. With less than forty years left in the god realm, the gods, kitten, twins and couple must race against time to find all the answers. Except who has them?

Zeus

Nu grabbed Zee's hands and began crying. Zeus remembered what those hormones felt like and rushed everyone out of the room, giving the new family the needed space.

Zee needed time to calm his family, which would be next to impossible with everyone in the room. Zeus's anxiety about his son's condition had him opening the family bond, which most gods keep closed.

Too many in a bond can create havoc on each other's emotions, and gods can be childish and throw tantrums because of emotional overload. It had made many a war.

Zeus could not help but check on his son regardless of the risk to his emotional state and opened the bond. He almost fell to his knees, and Nu's emotions were more potent than he had ever felt. Even his was not this bad when he was pregnant, and he could be the most childish of all.

His son's emotions were in chaos. But Zeus noticed something astonishing. The children were sending soothing waves and something else to their parents.

Something he has never seen before. Even more curious than these children are. Zeus did not know what they were doing to their fathers, but the emotional pitch was palpable.

Zee was a strong man to shoulder such emotion. For someone who had experienced many pregnancies, a God's pregnancy was full of uncontrollable sickness, feelings, and sex, and Nu was projecting all of that 100-fold.

His son-in-law will have his hands full. He almost laughed. He wondered if Zee would have a continuous hard-on the whole pregnancy. He remembered he thought Hera would kill him the first time he got pregnant.

"Those were the days," Zeus muttered to himself, turned, and went to join the others.

All the grandparents and July chatted as they made their way to the living room. After they all sat down, July jumped onto the sofa and landed beside Ares. Zeus entered the room and sat by his wife, reaching for her hand.

Lóngshén and Zeus watched the kitten in case it decided to attack Ares. The kitten loved his parents, and Ares was not his favorite person right now. Ares will be lucky to leave here unscathed by the kitten.

July eyed Ares, still not trusting but knew his parents would want him to make nice with his Pop Pop. Jumping on Ares's shoulder, he kneaded his claws into his skin. July snickered when Ares winced from the pain.

"Hey, big doodie head, I don't like you right now, but I offer peace because my Nu would be sad if I didn't. No one makes my Daddy Nu sad. Do you get me? Yes, good, big stupid doodie head hurt my parents today. You made me mad. Take that! Feel my kitty claws! You are never to hurt my parents or my future brothers and sisters. If you do, I will give you more of this and lock you in the pits where even Hades can't find you. July curled his body around his neck until he faced Ares and hissed.

Ares looked at July briefly, surprised at how flexible this little kitten was, and chuckled. Nodding as the room began to clap, the kitten turned to glare at the room's occupants.

Deal, my first kitten grandchild," Ares pulled July off his neck and laid him on his lap, rubbing his tummy.

July tried to be dignified and indignant simultaneously but failed, his weakness exposed. The kitten gave up and enjoyed the rub down and purred.