Chapter 10: Zee's Fate

Summary:

Zee and Nu have reunited in love and hope. The family has accepted Zee into the family, but there is still a lot that the DMD boys and Zee do not know. To be part of the royal family of Keāa Kala, there were even more secrets. Can Zee b the lifemate that Nu needs? Can the DMD boys accept Nu for who and what he is?

Zee still has to survive the after-party, and the look on Nu's face when Qi takes him away indicates he is in for a long night. He could tell his lifemate had something planned, which was not good. He had his own plans too. He needed to find a way to slip away. He needed a ring and hoped that Qi could help him find one. What he didn't know is that Qi was taking him to meet three women and his destiny was at hand. He knew that no matter what happened, it was worth it to be with Nu for the rest of his life.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Zee

Zee followed Qi through the hallways and realized they were coming to the conference room they had been in earlier that afternoon. When they entered, there were men standing guard by some black boxes, and he couldn't see what they were because they blocked his view.

"Have a seat, Zee. We have some things to go over and not much time. Usually, Aya has done this part in the past, but due to the time crunch we are under, we have no idea how much longer you will be able to hold out before becoming more aggressive and possessive. Trust me. I went through the same thing you did. The after-party will torture you, but you will have to endure, especially since so many of ITEG have shown up to appear on the stage with Nu. He is, can we say, very popular. Highly sought after and been chased by those who have fallen in love with him over the years. All are hoping for that last chance to catch his eye since hearing about you. Everyone knows Nu has never shown interest in anyone except you. Your torture is about to begin, but it's part of being a faen of the Keaakalan. Don't look at me like that. It is not like that forever. Once you become bridegroom, King, then husband, those feelings will stabilize as your bond with your lifemate strengthens until the security of your strong bond overrides all. It all becomes your destiny then destiny becomes the duty to your people and your lifemate. Never-ending, right?" Qi smiled at Zee.

Zee needed guidance and decided a direct approach would be best. He was getting irritated by being separated from Nu, and he needed to end this meeting fast to get back to him.

If the mischievous and naughty smile on Nu's face was any indication, he was in for big trouble. He might be able to circumvent some of that if he got back to him quickly.

"I am not sure why I am here, but I guess you are going to tell me why," Zee placed his hands on the table, palms down to help him focus.

Qi laughed at him and beckoned a woman, and she and her assistants brought the boxes and handed the key to Qi. The designs on the boxes were so elaborate, nothing like he had seen before, and he was intrigued and wanted to know what was in them.

"As time goes on, you will learn more about the Keaakalan people, the gods, and of course, The Fates. I know it will be a lot to take in, but this is what it is. We all have a destiny, and you have one tied to ours and your lifemate. The other mothers, the name that The Fates love to be called, have provided for each of the twelve couples. We have always joked that it was their dowry, but it is much more. Her twelve children granted to them as their own by Zeus must find their lifemates, that is us. We become her children upon our wedding and conversion. Cool right? These boxes are the gifts each receives, a reward and recognition of your status as children of The Fates. These belong to you and your lifemate. Nu was placed in Aya's care long ago and told Nu would protect the people and hold our hearts. His lifemate will nourish love and protect him. Be sure to guard him well, for all our sakes. We are counting on you. There are five boxes, one for each milestone in your relationship. Each gift from the other mothers is to enhance and protect those that wear them. One day we will wear all five when we battle, but today you will only need items in the smaller box. After you review the rest, we will put them back in the safe until each milestone. I know what has been on your mind Zee. Since we mentioned marriage at the lunch table, you have been trying to figure out how fast you can put a ring on Nu's finger. You are also filled with anxiety about being separated. You are half out of your mind wondering if anyone will get too close to him or touch him," Qi gave Zee a questioning look.