Chapter 16: A God's Choice

NuNew has been kidnapped, and the life bonds do not work. Zee frantically searched for his lifemate. A kitten, July heartbroken and sad. NuNew is frantically trying to repair the bond that has been damaged. Zeus was terrified that he had not told his son-in-law a secret he needed to know and feared what would happen to his future family.

Chapter Text

Lóngshén the Dragon King

Lóngshén felt Nu lose consciousness and tightened his body around the orb.

"What the hell is happening, Master? Who dares to touch us? Master? Wake up? Speak! To those who attack us, I will find and destroy you, do you hear me? Master, please hold on. I will protect what is ours and call for help," the dragon exclaimed as he felt his master's body being dragged away.

His master was gentle and kind. Who would want to hurt such a caring soul? First, they hit his master, and there was something else he couldn't put his finger on.

"Could it be one of my old enemies come back to kill me to take the throne? My son may be getting bold," the old dragon muttered.

Still trying to figure out who could be behind this. No, this is not possible. His enemies or children could never enter the god realm, and he would have felt another dragon's presence.

"My children are not cowardly and would never attack from behind. They want you to see them coming," Lóngshén growled.

Dragon children were vicious and would kill their parents for their horde and glory, but his children did not have enough power to take him down, at least not yet. Suddenly the dragon stopped and roared.

"Who dares to drug us? I will find you and rip your entrails out," Lóngshén knew he had time before it would knock him out.

Who would have the nerve? It had to be someone who was out to destroy the orb. He had failed to hide it in time. He was such a fool to think this was not possible. Gods could be very petty and jealous of those in the condition his master has found himself in.

If that were the case, they would have searched his master's body to find the orb. If they had searched and found him, they would not see the orb unless they pried his body from it.

He knew no one had discovered their resting place. The dragon was becoming irritated. Of all the suspects, he could not think of one brave enough to do this.

No matter what it was, he wouldn't fail his master or Zeus in his quest to preserve the orb. He knew he needed to act fast before he joined his master in the nether.

He wasted precious seconds with these random thoughts. Lóngshén had to show himself to call for help. He needed a perfect hiding place. After careful consideration, he moved from the depths of his master's belly button. He needed a place that people usually wouldn't look. Then he realized the ideal place!

He has chosen a spot on his master's body that would be less likely to receive damage if they were hurt or tortured. He shrunk the orb and himself down to the size needed before resting them on the underside of his master's little toe.

All little toes on humans seem to have a curve like a dragon's claw. It was the perfect hiding place, and whoever had taken them had malevolent intentions. He could feel it radiating off them.

He would have to turn himself to stone for added protection just in case they decided to torture the bottom of his feet. Here Lóngshén and the orb could rest safely until they could come and save Nu. Nothing would damage that which he was tasked to protect.