Epilogue

"Zee, I am afraid I can't move. What happened? I cannot hear anyone from the family line. Only I can feel you inside me," Nu whimpered.

Zee didn't want to let Nu know he was afraid, but he knew something big had happened. He didn't know what.

"It's okay, my love, no matter if we can only hear and feel each other's arms, that is all that matters. We are together. I am sure that someone will come for us. Just rest and be calm for our children," Zee hoped he was right that someone would come to save them, but he was unsure if that would happen.

Aries and Nyx were huddled together, holding on. They did not have a mate bond, so they could not talk but knew the other was right beside them. If this was their fate, holding each other for eternity wouldn't be so bad.

Zeus was frozen, raging at the sky, and Hera sat peacefully, accepting whatever fate was coming to her. At the last second, Lóngshén, July, and Tiamat blinked to Zee and Nu's home. They would be safe from the elements, but none could speak to each other. They were all scared because they didn't reach Zee and Nu in time.

No human, being, plant, tree, or animal moved. All were frozen in place in all the worlds. Time has stopped, frozen in time for all eternity at the whim of Phanes, the Deity of Creation as it should be.

"May evil pay for its crimes" were the last words they heard before they all froze

Phanes got to work the moment the trees made impact on their pedestals. He waved his arms, pushed and pulled, and created a garden. Some would say it was similar to the Garden of Eden he had made for the first humans while he finished the worlds—a stopgap for those who will move on to the next evolutionary jump in the world.

Phanes raced against time, and he knew that Zee and Nu were worried. He could feel their fear. He needed to reassure them that they would not be stuck.

.

"Zee, I see a light," Nu's voice was filled with awe.

Zee could see the light, too, sending comfort and warmth to his lifemate.

"I see it too, baby. But my eyes are closed. How can I see the light," Zee's voice questioned.

Both were unsure exactly what it meant until they heard Phane's voice.

"Welcome, my sons," Phane's voice boomed.

As their eyes filled with color.