Chapter 12: The Trials of Zee

Summary:

The two who will face the trial are destined to save the world.
Zee and Nu have successfully bonded, and their soul bond trail has begun. They will face a trial that no other Keaakalan has ever faced. A bond is usually a peaceful joining, but Zee and Nu must face what no other couple has before. With a lifemate bond damaged, they will have to endure. Will Zee be able to handle what Nu has to go through? Will Nu have faith that love conquers all? With hidden secrets and unexpected surprises, Nu will decide whether to Love Zee or Not.

If they do not fail ... They will usher in the Age of the Dragon Born.

Zee

He knew it was finally over when they were transported out of the last trial. The garden he was standing in was spectacular and looked nothing like he had ever seen in all his lifetimes, and he was sure of it.

The other mothers told him they would appear in the restorative gardens once the three trials were complete. When this happened, they would rest and be rejuvenated, and their wounds healed.

Zee was glad it was over. He was terrified not for himself but for the wellbeing of his lifemate. The trials seem so real that he felt they could have lost their lives. They were intense! Zee was slashed by an enemy and was still bleeding from his wounds.

Why would they put them in danger if they were essential to the grand plan? Why did the other mothers say that their Soul Bond would be different? He needed answers, and he still didn't understand the reasons for putting Nu through all of this.

If anyone in this world was worthy of all things good, it was his lifemate. After these trials, one thing was sure. He loved Nu each lifetime with such deep passion and understanding.

He knew their love was more profound and meaningful in each lifetime. The love and devotion for each of them were more intense, to the point where the world seized to exist, and it was only them.

There was nothing they couldn't do as long as they were together. So, one thing in all of this didn't make sense, why in six lifetimes did he forsake a man that his hopes and dreams rested upon?

None of this made sense. He would not rest until he knew the answers and why Nu's heart was broken. There was something that they were not telling or didn't know about, and he was going to find out what.

Finally, after days of waiting, he knew nothing would ever separate them again. They could now begin their life and become a couple no matter if he was a royal, helped his husband rule a nation, or he continued his acting career.

He knew something terrible was coming, but until then, he would live with his husband. He would train, learn, and grow as a lifemate to complement his other half. But for now, he was assured they would live as they wished and look for other lost siblings who needed finding.

His lifemate was the world's light, and it was his job to make sure that Nu's light shone brightly no matter what. He hoped they would have time for everything they wanted to do before facing what was to come.

He did know that he would put his life before Nu, and he would not allow him to die this lifetime. He would die, and Nu would no longer suffer any loss because of him.

Nu loved his family, and he would gladly give his life for those his lifemate loved. He could die happy if he survived. Nu would accept this loss easier, for they had known each other for less time this lifetime.